"Set Password on Multisite Blog Creation" error on control panel user creation

Hi, I am getting an error when I try to create a new user in this page http://xxxxxx.com.br/wp-admin/user-new.php

in which the "set password" plugin doesn`t require a password, but cause this error:

Notice: Undefined index: key in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/signup-password/signup-password.php on line 134 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/signup-password/signup-password.php:134) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896

What should I do about that? Thank you.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @diegpl

That's odd, that should not occur with version 1.1.2 which only initializes the session on the front-end.

Also, I am unable to reproduce this on my test sites.

Is the Set Password plugin network-activated? Have you ruled out possible conflicts by temporarily deactivating all other plugins to test again?

• diegpl
    • Syntax Hero

Yes, I disabled all the others and I am still getting this error:

Notice: Undefined index: key in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/signup-password/signup-password.php on line 134 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/xxx/wp-content/plugins/signup-password/signup-password.php:134) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxx/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896

It is network-activated. Can you take a look at it for me? How can I give you my server credentials? Tks.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @diegpl

Whoops, this one got away from me. Sorry for the delay.

Yes, if you have the WPMU DEV Dashboard installed, simply click the "Grant Access" button under the Support tab.

Please post again when you've done that so I'll get an email notification.

Thanks!

• diegpl
    • Syntax Hero

Sorry, but I did that already. And my main question is about why I am getting an error. It is not about the wpmudev integration with my site.... so, what should I do to fix this plugin error? Should I re-install my wpms? That is a lot of job :disappointed:

• diegpl
    • Syntax Hero

I downloaded the plugin again and installed it again, and the error persists:

Notice: Undefined index: key in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-content/plugins/signup-password/signup-password.php on line 134 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/signup-password/signup-password.php:134) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxx/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @diegpl,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

Sorry about the extreme delay here, as they are notices and not errors, the site should still be working correctly, and with WP_DEBUG defined to false the notices shouldn't display.

I have done some testing on my own multisite and can't replicate even with debug set to true.

Can you send me the following please to take a closer look at this.

Can you please send in:

- In the subject field add "Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @diegpl,

Hope you're well today and thanks for sending through the info.

I've tested and can replicate the same with debug enabled, I've set debug to false and everything now works.

I've also notified the lead developer of the issue to get that fixed up, don't worry if your subscription has expired, as you've reported this, just monitor this thread and we'll update once resolved.

Though for now with debug set to false it all works correctly.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• diegpl
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

using a different theme, with different plugins activated I got this error. I don`t need to use the website that is giving me this new error, but maybe it points something for you guys too:

Notice: wpdb::escape is deprecated since version 3.6! Use wpdb::prepare() or esc_sql() instead. in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2913 Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-includes/functions.php:2913) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider_admin.php on line 42 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-content/themes/xxxxxx/functions/aqua-page-builder/aq-page-builder-pro.php on line 120 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/wp-includes/functions.php:2913) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896

Please, when you guys release the plugin, please send me the plugin or publish here how to update it. My subscription here expires in 16 th.

And I just realized I forgot to remove my server user from the error patch, how can I delete it from there? Please do it for me urgent.

Thank you.

• diegpl
    • Syntax Hero

Now I got this error in my third wpms installation:

Notice: wpdb::escape is deprecated since version 3.6! Use wpdb::prepare() or esc_sql() instead. in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2913 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-content/themes/xxxx/functions/aqua-page-builder/aq-page-builder-pro.php on line 120 Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-includes/functions.php:2913) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-content/plugins/signup-password/signup-password.php on line 227 Notice: Undefined index: key in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-content/plugins/signup-password/signup-password.php on line 132 Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-includes/ms-functions.php on line 1261 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-includes/functions.php:2913) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896

• diegpl
    • Syntax Hero

When I did log out it appears an error about "set pass" too:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-includes/functions.php:2913) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-content/plugins/signup-password/signup-password.php on line 227

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Diegpl,

Thanks for posting back.

I am going to remove those username and folder info now.

Regarding those warnings, as Jack said before, they are just notices which do not impact the functionality of your site and you can get rid of it by setting WP_DEBUG to false in your wp-config.php.

You can read more on this here : http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

The warning appearing in our plugin has been informed to our lead developer and will be fixed with the new release, however it does not impact the plugin's usage and you can simply keep using the plugin. Just set WP_DEBUG to false as suggested here and above.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting back. I really appreciate you sharing more information :slight_smile:

Those warnings however are not related with the warning appeared due to our plugin.

As far as the folder reference is concerned, I have removed whatever I thought required removal.

If you need something else to be removed, please feel free to let me know.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.