Set Password on WordPress Multisite Blog Creation - Issue

Hi

I have password plugin installed.

Also have anti-splog and block by math.

People can create the password but the password is incorrect after activation.

See for yourself.

http://tradr.com

Click login up top and then registration.

Johnny

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Johnny,

I believe that's solely due to your using BuddyPress, whereas this plugin isn't BuddyPress compatible. No worries though, BuddyPress already has this feature integrated anyway.

So, that should save you from having another active plugin!

Cheers,
    David

• becky
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I have the same issue too. I dont have anti-splog plugin activated. I have deactivated the password plugin at the mo so as not to confuse users.

Using WP multisite 3.3.1 and latest set password plugin.

EDIT - I don't have buddypress either.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Johnny & Becky,

While doing some house keeping in the ticket section I found this ticket in which no current staff has responded due to it being bumped over and over and escaping the catch all in back end of the ticket system - therefore I am sorry for the delay in a response.

I have tried to duplicate the issue and trying to figure out what is incompatible with the password plugin that could possibly be causing this phenomenon for you folks.

I am running the anti-splog on WP 3.3.1 but using the standard Pro Sites signup page with the "cats" captcha and have no problems and the passwords have worked flawlessly.

Johnny and Becky would you please post here a list of the plugins you have installed and activated so that we can compare to figure out what is causing this and to possibly replicate it?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Johnny & Becky,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• Jason
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I have the same problem. The randomly generated password set to users e-mail is working though.

There's a plugin to record all mail sent by wordpress, it was helpful in getting their passwords to my users.

I'm turning off this plugin as it does not work.

I'm using buddypress, and when I disable this plugin, users also cannot set their own password.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Johnny, Jason, and Becky,

Absolutely it works:
    http://easystartdiywebsitedesign.com/wp-signup.php

The problem is that it has conflicts with certain other plugins using password input though I cannot recall an example at this moment, but those having trouble if the standard trouble shooting protocol is followed then we will have the answer.

I do admit fault that when I was having a problem with a plugin conflict that I failed to document the conflict and i cannot tell what it is simply because I am not experiencing it at this time.

However, I do admit that I am surprised that a ticket is submitted before the standard troubleshooting protocol of disabling plugins has not been done especially from seasoned members. One would think it is the first thing to be done.

Johnny has been up front and admitted that he has not followed standard troubleshooting protocol and is going to do it and let us know his results.

Jason just plain out says "it does not work" and I am not going to use it. OK cool, but did you attempt or go through standard troubleshooting protocol finding the conflict before making this decision?

Would not the ticket and our response be much easier for all of us involved members included if one reported --> "Hey when I have this plugin activated that plugin does not work or does not work correctly"???

Please do not get me wrong, I am on your side, but found that if this was done it certainly would make support and member frustration much lighter.

Look forward to hear about your testing Johnny and thank you ahead of time for your efforts.

Thank you all for being WPMU Dev Members!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Everyone,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there phkillian,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the issues you are facing with this one.

Its a pretty old thread and the plugin and WordPress itself have changed a lot.

We would request you to kindly create a new thread here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question so that we can deal with your issue separately and assist in a better way.

Looking forward for a new thread from you and hoping to get this sorted out asap.

Thanks for being an awesome WPMU DEV member.

Cheers, PC

• e
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

This is a modified version of the set password plugin that will work with buddypress. Buddypress handles some of this out of the box, so I just changed the meta save behavior if Buddypress was present.

Let me know if you have problems with this.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Johnny,

Yes, a new thread for this would be better as this thread is currently 4years old and a lot has changed in those 4 years, it will also stop other users in this thread from receiving un-necessary email notifications.

Hope you understand.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.