Use 'Pay with a like' to allow users to blog

Hi there fellow pressies!

Ok I got another good one here :slight_smile:

I've got a blogging network where I am currently running Pro sites on. Instead of charging users a fee to blog I'd like to allow them to blog just by sharing content every couple weeks (my articles for exemple) using the 'Pay with a like' plugin which provides them with a coupon that gives a 100% discount.

So far so good only problem is that Pro Sites still requires them to pass a payment gateway.

Is there a way to adjust Pro Sites not to do this?

And, if not, can you help me think of a way to do this for example by a sitewide password or something?

Seriously I've been at this ALL DAY :slight_smile: and can't find a way...

Much appreciated and happy holidays,

Nick

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Nick vd Veerdonk

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I am afraid using Pro Sites, this is not possible out of the box. Either you need a automatic gateway (like paypal) to deal with prosite, or you have to enable manual payment and you need to extend manually for each blog but this is not quite possible, I know.

Though I am keeping this thread open if any other members can come back with some good ideas :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Well, sorry if there is any misunderstanding. I just wanted to tell that out of the box this is not currently possible. But it may be possible with some custom stuff.

Let me ask the developer @Aaron if there is any way workaround.

Cheers
    Ash

• Nick vd Veerdonk
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Ash! I bet this is a feature other people would enjoy also since sometimes as a developer you just doesn't have the time time to provide serious support to a paid service and a construction like the above would benefit user as well as developer...

• Nick vd Veerdonk

Even the possibility to set Pay with a like sitewide (with central management by the superadmin) would provide a sollution. Then I could install Pay with a like on each blog (default template) and using the Pay with a like's template function restrict the rendering of the content. Ofcourse people could then still be writing articles so thats not ideal but it would be acceptable. Cheers!

• Aaron
    • CTO

There is no work around other than manually extending. Blogs don't equate to users on a 1to1 basis either, so you have to factor that in.

You would have to code a custom plugin to integrate the two, fairly advanced stuff we can't help with here other than API specifics.

• Nick vd Veerdonk

=GOT IT!!!!!=

Can't believe I figured it out..

For anyone who wants to implement a 'share to blog' functionality this is one possible way:

Plugins used:

- Pay With A Like [to provide the share function and password to allow users access]
    - NinjaWPass [to prompt users a second password which allows access after sharing]
    - YD Network-wide Options [to set the latest password site wide]

Usage

1 - Obviously download the above plugins
    2 - Make a page on the master blog with the Pay With A Like function where users can pick up their access code (second password)
    3 - Network activate the NinjaWPass plugin to create the database tables
    4 - Network deactivate the NinjaWPass plugin and activate it on the site you want to use as master blog for settings
    5 - Network activate the YD Network-wide Options plugin
    6 - Visit the masterblog and set the password for NinjaWPass
    7 - Visit the masterblog YD Network-wide Options plugin and tick the database table for NinjaWPass, which is 'ninjawp_options'
    8 - Go all the way down in the screen and tick the first, third and fourth selection box and make sure the master blog id is of this particular site
    9 - By saving your options all blogs will now be set on the current NinjaWPass password
    10 - You are now able to set a global second password which you can allow users to receive after they share content ( afterwhich they can log in again.)

Repeat to your hearts content!

NOTES

- I'm using New Blog Templates and the 'master blog' used above as template
    - I have had not so great experiences with powerfull plugins like YD Network-wide Options, which can completely mess up your network with a single click so I've set the backups made by the Snapshot plugin on every hour max number of backups 50
    - Also have one made every day, max 20
    - Also have complete database backup made every day, max 20
    - You'll have to hide the settings page of the YD Network-wide Options plugin for your users!!!!! I use the Menu Editor Pro plugin to simplify the user admin
    - Will also try to find a way to hide it by user role just to be sure

OK, I hope this will be of use to someone, happy new year every one!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.