set up

Hi,

I'm setting up a WP site for charity and am on the verge of finishing, but would really appreciate it if you could tell me whether I've set things up appropriately.

Basically the charity collects donations and invites child sponsorships. So I have two basic campaigns which run all the time.

1) General donations - I've set this up as a fundraiser and enabled one-off payments.
2) A child sponsorship appeal - I've set this up as a fundraiser and allowed recurring payments.

I'm not displaying the root fundraising page or the fundraiser pages as they appear like blog posts with a date and my appeals aren't date specific. So I've just made a page for each and was intending to add a shortcode. But I've come across two problems:

1) How can I stop the amount raised so far and number of backers from displaying?
2) When I add just a button and fill in the description in the shortcode generator, no description appears on the page.

The site is currently behind a coming soon plugin, but if you want I could send you a username/password.

Many thanks in advance,

Jon

aecnu

Greetings Jon,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I do not know what to say to the first part of your post and it is certainly subjective. i.e. I want the goals to be crowd sourced myself etc.

Regarding your questions:

1) How can I stop the amount raised so far and number of backers from displaying?

I think those will need to be removed form the core files of the Fundraising plugin.

Here is the list of files which are found in the root folder: fundraising-templates.txt

To remove the amount raised so far this would be done in the form.meta_boxes.php in the \fundraising\lib folder.

The wording for "number of backers", is this the exact wording?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

jon_tribbeck

Hi Joe

Thanks for your reply. I found the file to which you refer and copied it for editing, but I'm not sure which lines. My only concern is that if I edit this it's going to affect every fundraiser on the site?

I'm now not sure that this is the right plugin for me because in the case of individual appeals it's quite useful to know number of backers and also the amount raised so far. But although this charity does have individual appeals it is also trying to attract child sponsorships. As the charity is very small it's not in the market for taking direct debits, so I thought this plugin could be useful as it can attract recurring PayPal donations. But in this case it's not really useful or relevant to know amount raised so far because a child is not really an appeal with an end date!

I can see this plugin is brilliant for dealing with appeals which tend to run for finite periods. But I'm finding it frustrating as I just want to something that can deal with sponsorships where the number of individuals sponsored is the headline, and not necessarily the amount. The aim is to have one sponsor for 50 USD per child.

I'd be grateful if you could me you opinion as to whether I may be barking up the wrong tree or not!

Cheers
    Jon

aecnu

Greetings Jon,

Thank you for your additional input and questions.

My only concern is that if I edit this it's going to affect every fundraiser on the site?

Yes it will affect all instances of the plugin.

But I'm finding it frustrating as I just want to something that can deal with sponsorships where the number of individuals sponsored is the headline, and not necessarily the amount. The aim is to have one sponsor for 50 USD per child.

I'd be grateful if you could me you opinion as to whether I may be barking up the wrong tree or not!

I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us on how we might still be able to possibly accomplish this using this plugin.

It may be require some intricate custom coding as well to make it happen.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

Cole

Hey jon_tribbeck,

Sorry for the massive delay in getting back to you. Let me see if I understand your issue correctly here.

So you have created a simple fundraiser without any goals or rewards correct?

Then you want to display the fundraiser by using a shortcode on a regular page?

The shortcode shouldn't show any goal or reward information if you haven't set them up.

Also what version are you on?

I feel confident fundraising can achieve what you are trying to do, if there is some customization that is needed outside of the normal plugin functionality I will be happy to help you with that as well.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cole

aecnu

Greetings jon_tribbeck,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe