Set up appointments+ to synch with Google cal. The test at the end worked. But, when I make new appo

Need some help on troubleshooting this problem. It would appear that Appointments+ is talking to the Google cal, as the test appointment appeared at the end of the set process. But, when I create an appointment from the calendar http://www.kirkwoodacupuncture.com/schedule
nothing shows up on the Google cal.
thanks
M

• pxwm

Hi @Michael

I've checked your settings and I have a few observations:-

'Google calendar' tab:-

I couldn't see the 'Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration' field and just wanted to check how this was set?

You don't have an api key populated in the 'key field name' field.

Not sure if you just removed for the purpose of posting the settings as you do state in your original post that the 'Test Connection' worked.

I would appreciate if you could confirm this and retest by clicking the 'Test Connection' link and confirm if you receive a success message at the top of the page.

'General' tab:-

You have the 'auto confirm' field set to 'No' - This means you will have to review all appointments and change the status to 'Confirm' before the appointment is made 'active'

You have the 'Send Notification to admin if Confirmation required' field set to 'No'

This means that when an appointment is made you will not be made aware there is a 'pending' appointment for you to review.

Regards
    SteveB

• Michael

@ Steve
    Thanks for the tips and ideas.

the 'Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration' is set to Yes.

I took out the "key field name" as a security precaution. I just tested it and yes, it does post the test appoint to the google calendar.

Made the changes you suggested in the General tab. Those make a lot of sense.

So, still don't know why appointments are not posting to Google. The certainly show up in the list of confirmed appointments in under that tab

Any idea?
    Thanks
    Michael

• pxwm

Hi @Michael

If you have the 'Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration' field set to 'Yes' that means you need to set up unique Google Calendar settings in each of the Service Providers Wordpress user profiles.

As per the notes next to the field

Whether you let your service providers to integrate with their own Google Calendar account using their profile page. Note: Each of them will need to set up their accounts following the steps as listed in Instructions below (will also be shown in their profile pages) and you will need to upload their key files yourself using FTP.

To achieve this you need to follow the instructions contained in the 'Google calendar' tab
    Then login to the Service Provider Wordpress user profile
    Then select their user profile
    Scroll down and you see all the same fields as in the 'Google Calendar' tab.

However before you do this you might want to set the 'Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration' field set to 'No'

Save the settings

Then click on the 'test Connection' link to confirm you receive a success message at the top of the 'Google calendar' tab and it places a test appointment in your google calendar.

if it does could you then try making an appointment and see if it sends the appointment to your google calendar.
    However the appointment needs to have been confirmed before it will be sent.
    This can take up to 15 mins so you can speed this up by clicking on the 'Import and Update Events Now' link in the 'Google Calendar' tab.

If this works you will the need to decide if you want each Service Provider to have their own google calendar and if you do you will need to login to their Wordpress user profile and setup the Google calendar settings the same as in the 'Google Calendar' tab.
    You will also have to select the 'Google Calendar' tab and set the 'Integration Mode' field to 'Integration disabled'
    Then save

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Michael

@Steve

OK. Progress!! When I changed the 'Allow Service Providers for Google Calendar API Integration' field set to 'No' I could force a synch as you suggested. Only problem is the time zones are a bit off, but that I work that detail later.

I like the idea of having it set up so it quickly and automagically updates. Which would mean that each provider would need their own Google calendar and set up in Appointments +. Just a bit of set up for what seems like added functionality. Is there any good reason not to do this?

Also, can I then have each of the private calendars feed onto a "main" calendar for the clinic so I can see everything at a glance? (and have that update the Busycal on my Mac at the office)
    I'm still a bit fuzzy on the work flow of this whole thing.

Thanks again for help with this. You really have clear understanding of this plug-in. Do you design or troubleshoot websites as part of your work?

Cheers
    Michael

• pxwm

Hi @Michael

Really pleased you are making progress.

Many thanks for the points much appreciated.

I can't see any reason why you can't set up a Google calendar for each Service Provider as per my previous instructions.

The nice feature of doing this is you can make the notification email to the client bespoke for each Service Provider if you wish.

Then in your google account you can share the three individual calendars in a main calendar.

This way you can view the main calendar and view all the appointments.
    There will be an option on the left hand side to filter the appointments so say you have 3 x Service Providers you can set the filter to few all the appointments for all 3 x Service Providers or you can view one or more by day/week/month

You can also use the calendar search bar at the top of the main calendar page to search for any appointments by treatment/client name etc as long as you export this data in the appointment schedule.

To confirm our business relates to Web Design and Web Management of client sites mainly in the UK.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Michael

@Steve
    OK, I am starting to grok this thing.

Basically need a separate calendar for each practitioner. That way I can see at a glance WHO is scheduled and when. Otherwise I'm just looking at "appointments" and would have to drill down into them to see who is providing the service.

I'll bang on this over the weekend, and then update here with my results.

One other thing. (I'm not particularly technical, and basically know enough to be dangerous)
    Is it possible to make the schedule page look nicer. Right now the default fonts are small and rather 1990's looking. Wondering if there is a way to spruce up the typography on the scheduling page? Would CSS be the thing to use?

Enjoy the weekend.
    Cheers
    Michael

• pxwm

Hi @Michael

That's good.

To confirm as per my previous post you should be able to achieve this, with a separate google calendar for each practitioner and also if required use a single main calendar to show all appointments that has an easy to use filter option.

As for sprucing up the schedule page.

You should be able to achieve this using a combination of the css page and the 'Additional css Rules' field in the 'General' tab.

Regards
    SteveB

• Michael

@ Steve
    My month long trial with wpmudev is coming to a close. I'm not ready to sign up for $99 a month just to have this plug-in. I know that I can unsubscribe, but then I will not get updates. It appears that now they are offering a deal where I can be a member for around US$20 a month if paid yearly. That is pretty much what I am currently paying for my online scheduling service. So not sure the juice is worth the squeeze in terms of figuring out this plugin.

So, as a way to make my life simpler (and be sure the plug in is properly configured, if I decide to go that route). Can you give me an estimate on what it take for your company to take this on as project? (Assuming your company would work on a small project like this). I know I could brute force my way into getting this set up. But, it will take me hours that I'd rather spend seeing patients or just enjoying life. (Computers are fun, but not that much fun)

Here is what I would need:
    1- Set up for three practitioners.
    2- Able for each to synch to the clinic's google calendar
    3- Each practitioner will usually see two patients (in different rooms) in an hour's time. Is there a way to have the plug-in block out time for the room, but allow the practitioner to schedule into another room on the half hour?

The upside of the web based scheduling service is they are constantly updating and improving. Plus many of the services allow for reviews and some social media. The upside of the plug-in is that it might be less expensive over time.

Right now I'm realizing I want a solution that does not require a lot of attention on my part. I want to set it and forget it.

thanks
    Michael

• pxwm

Hi @Michael

I'm more than happy to provide you with a quote, at no obligation.
    However I do have a few questions about you requirements just to seek clarification and it may be easier if you could post your requirements on the job board at: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ and then I can send you an email so we can discuss further.

If your happy to post on the jobs forum please reply to this post to confirm that you have posted and then I can send you an email.

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.