Set up eNewsletter - went fine. Used the following outgoing

Set up eNewsletter - went fine. Used the following outgoing settings:
server (SMTP) mail.newmednews.com
outgoing port 465 uses SSL

Tried to send simple preview and got:

Mailer error SMTP error. the following recipients failed: mwlong@alturusbiomed.com <p>SMTP server error (www.newmednews.com) [69.195.124.57] 54462 is currently not permited to 550 relay through this server <p>

Have no idea what this means; Need help

Also, is there a component of eNL that allows visitors to subscribe via a notice on the website? Don't see anything like that

• Vaughan

hiya

thanks for posting.

it seems that allnewsmed will not allow emails to be passed through it originating from a @alturusbiomed.com email account. this you might have to ask the host of the server where newmednews.com is hosted to add that domain as an allowed domain for mail relay in Exim

when you configured the SMTP, did you enter the correct username/password for authentication?

also in dashboard > enewsletter > settings > general settings

the from email address, you will need to change this to the same email address associated with newmednews.com (so whichever email address you used for SMTP authentication.)

hope this helps.

• mwlong

Thanks Vaughn. I'm new at WP so bear with me. newmednews.com is hosted at Bluepress. It should have nothing to do with alturusbiomed other than I prefer to use that email address for now. I just checked the Username, changed the pw and tried again
    I get this error: "Note: for SMTP method - in "From email" you should use only emails which related with your SMTP server! Check it on "General Settings" and "Create\Edit newsletter"!"

I noticed it seems to be auto-filling the PW and not the correct one.

In General I use content@newmednews.com for the "from" email. Here are the Bluepress settings:

Mail Server Username: content+newmednews.com
    Incoming Mail Server: mail.newmednews.com
    Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) box857
    Outgoing Mail Server: mail.newmednews.com (server requires authentication) port 26
    Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) box857 (server requires authentication) port 465
    Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
    Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.