Ultimate Facebook: Integrating AutoPost to Facebook + Facebook Comments [Guide]

I was just wondering if there is a a set-up guide for this plug-in, other than basic plug-in installation? I would like to set up autopost and comments for each post on my WP, but I can't seem to get either to work. I'm thinking I need to add code to my theme, but I have no idea where to begin.

Thank you!

• Arun Basil Lal

Hello Jamie,

Welcome to WPMU Dev! Thanks for being a member here!

Like you said, the documentation of UL FB and many other plugins are out-dated and in-adequate. One reason is that the Developers keep adding features to it faster than the documentation team can write about them. And I hear a new version of this plugin is in the making.

Let me help you with this.

Setting up AutoPost with Ultimate Facebook:

In your WP Dashboard, go to Ultimate Facebook > Facebook Settings. Go to the Section that says "Autopost to Facebook". See the attached Screenshot autopost.PNG for how it will look.

For this to work, you will have to Grant Extended Permission to the plugin. You can do this under the Grant Extended Permissions Section. The screenshot extended permissions.PNG is self explanatory.

Now when you go to Post > Add New you will see something like in editor.PNG below the box where you write the article.

Integrating Facebook Comments

Again you can set this under the Facebook Comments Section. see the screenshot fb comments.PNG Normally the plugin can take care of this and the comment box will automatically appear.

But if it doesnt, then you can use the following code in your theme, where you want the comment box to appear. (Somewhere in single.php)

<?php do_action("my_action_name");?>

If you are using this, make sure you fill up the "Use a custom hook" setting in the FB comments section. See the shot manual integration.PNG

I hope this clears everything for you. Let me know if you have more questions or if you ever get stuck. I got your back!

Arun Basil Lal

• Jamie

This guide helped a lot... thank you so much! I had to tinker a bit, but I did get both features working. I figured out that it was posting to my wall and that I had checked the box to prevent access to pages.

And for the comments, it didn't work until I used the custom hook. Now it works perfectly!

I don't mind the name change at all! I rarely know how descriptive to be on support forums.

Thank you again for all your help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.