set up MarketPress store on my shop page

Hi I just purchased MarketPress, and I wonder how to set up so the store will be showing on my shop page on my website.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@daniel_svab__ and @Alan @tom.eagles gave a great link to check out. A couple of things that not only I but many others overlooked in the set up process is setting the Permalinks! Very Important that you change them from Default! I personally use %post% as I've not had problems with this setting. Also making use of the short codes as well. I haven't used MP in a while now but from what I remember @Aaron or someone was going to incorporate the Gridmarket layout as a possible option as well. not sure if that is still in the works or completed. If not then I'd consider using the Gridmarket Child Theme.

Hope this helps!

• shineadmin
    • New Recruit

@dean.kaus

many thanks will check my permalinks just in case !

re: gridmarket theme layout options being added plugin brings up both options but you still need to activate the themes yourself to use - so you cant embed a store within your own site rather forces you to install marketplace seperatly on a sub domain then create a custom link via the menus option's to then pull it but this will cause massive domain mapping issue's and a SEO Nightmare !

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@Alan you lost me on that one. I have to get over to the Doctors (minor emergency) and I'll try to look into a test site of mine and see how I have it set up.

You can also visit my live site at http://www.kausvideo.com as I have it set up there but don't recall everything I had to do to get it looking properly.

I'll try to get back on when I get back.

Thanks!

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @Alan Got back a little bit ago and took a look at my video site. I must have removed it from my test site for the time being and was waiting for an update. Anyway it appears that because of the theme I'm using I added the plugin... MarketPress Product Grid Shortcode

What is the link to your site?

It sounds like your store is set up on a multi site?

• shineadmin
    • New Recruit

@dean.kaus

Hi Dean glad your ok ! I been stuck in hospital for weeks with my wife now in coma in intensive care and its not looking to good !

Yes your correct its multisite install and i'm now checking the several marketplace stores i tried to set-up previously and will send the link's ! None are as yet indexed !
    my website is :

http://causeblogs.org

http://store.causeblogs.org

I am really struggling financially and I have had a offer to buy my network for £500 and seriously considering taking it as I cant make any money from it and may need quick funds soon.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@Alan
    So sorry to hear about your wife. We will include her in our prayers. Not sure how much £500 is in US Dollars but a wise old mane once told me that if anyone ever offers you more than you paid for something seriously consider it. If they offer you double or more than what you paid for it then definitely sell. Never get too emotionally attached to anything other than your wife and kids and sell it if you can make something.

I never followed that advice and now have a bunch of equipment that isn't worth a it's weight in pennies.

I personally have not set up MarketPress in a multisite enviorment but I think that @MTB1701 has much more experience in that realm.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Hi I just purchased MarketPress, and I wonder how to set up so the store will be showing on my shop page on my website.

When you install MarktPress it creates you a set of slugs and a store page.

Are you looking for those?

Or are you wanting to make the front page show your products?

If so then in:

Admin --> Products --> Settings --> Shortocdes

wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=marketpress&tab=shortcodes

There are a number of shortcodes you can use, they are all documented there.

You then create a page with the shortcode and make it the front of your site from the reading settings:

Admin --> Settings --> Reading

If this isn't what you're looking for then please elaborate further.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.