set up the google cloud platform with Google Analytics +

WoW! Super confused!! ; )
Please advise what I need to do to set up the google cloud platform with Google Analytics +.
The documentation seems out of date and i'm not sure how too complete.

Thanks!

• Rupok

Hi Dean, hope you had a wonderful day.

It's very simple. Just install and activate the plugin, go to settings page, and there click the button "Login with google account and get access code", you will be given a link. Click on that. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

After clicking on that link, a new window will open, ask for you permission. If you click yes, it will give you a code. Copy that and paste it in plugin settings page and you are done.

This will do for your tracking. If this is not your issue or if you are confused, or if you are stuck at any point, please let us know. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Dean

Hi Rupok, thanks for your reply, yes i've already completed all of that.
    The part I'm finding confusing setting up the api stuff in the Google Cloud Platform.
    Important Update, April 2015

Here::
    Important: We now allow you to harness the power of the Google Cloud Platform, which lets you build, deploy, and scale applications, websites, and services on the same infrastructure as Google. To connect Google Analytics+ to the Google Cloud Platform, follow these simple steps. Setup in the Google Developers Console requires a Google Apps domain admin account.

1. Log in to the Google Developer Console with a valid Google Apps domain admin account.
    2. Under “APIs & auth”, click “APIs” then enable the Analytics API.

googledevelopersconsole
    3. Also under APIs & auth, click “Credentials” then Create New Client ID
    4. Name your app, enter your email address, and select “Web application” for Application Type.
    5. Important: Enter the URL of your primary network site in the field marked Authorized Redirect URL.
    6. Also under APIs & auth, select Create New Key.
    7. Choose “Browser key,” click create.

googlecloudclientkeys
    8. Copy the Google Client ID, Google Client Secret, and Google API keys generated for you.
    9. Return to your network admin dashboard, log in as a Super Admin, and go to Settings > Google Analytics
    10. Under Basic Network Tracking Settings, click the “set up Google API project” tab.
    11. Carefully enter your Client ID, Client Secret, and API keys here, and click Authorize.

entergoogleclientinformation
    If you’re already using Google Analytics+, you will need to re-authenticate your account by logging out and back into your Google Analytics account through the Google Analytics+ settings. You’ll see this warning:

GoogleWarning
    Clicking this message will take you to your settings page, where you’ll see the following prompt.

reauthenticategoogleanalytics

Thanks again!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Dean,

Hi Rupok, thanks for your reply, yes i've already completed all of that.
    The part I'm finding confusing setting up the api stuff in the Google Cloud Platform.
    Important Update, April 2015

There are two ways of connecting Google Analyticts+ with your GA account. You already did first one.

To use second way you need to carefully follow provided steps in that instruction to get those three values https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/entergoogleclientinformation.png - also you will need now to log out from Google analylits in WordPress.

1)Create your project here https://console.developers.google.com/iam-admin/projects

2) Enable Analytics API (click in name of API and then Enable)

3) Go to credentials

4) Click "client ID"

5) Configure consent screen (fill only "Product name shown to users":wink:

6) Create credentials - chose Webapplication and in "Authorized Redirect URL" put your domain

[image pos="5"]

7) You will get pop up with Client ID and Client secret, paste them to your GA+ setting in WordPress

8) Then again click Create credentials and chose API Key
    [image pos="6"]

9) Chose Browser Key
    [image pos="7"]

10) After saving you will get popup with API Key. Copy and past it to your WordPress. CLick Authorize

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.