Setting a static page as wp front page issue

Hello,
I'm trying to set this page as my wp front page
http://peoplecreatingprogress.com/answers/
however when I do so in the settings/reading section all I get is a black front page.
Why?

Thanks
Joe

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Joe!

Did you happen to resave your permalinks after you changed Answers to the front page? WordPress usually needs that little push to recognize changes in your site structure, and to refresh your .htaccess contents.

If so, or if you try now and that doesn't fix it, do you mind enabling support access so I can give it a spin?

Thanks!

• jsegal
    • WordPress Warrior

No good. didnt work. I think "its a feature" was an indication that CManswers guy wants to make money from this so stopped this simple function from working.

Personally if a plugin works for me I'll pay money for it but not yearly. Too bad I've never got the wpmudev QA plugin to work on a site before it always requires css tweaking I cant do.

Price includes support and upgrades for one year. After the first year license can be extended for a 30% discount.
    Plugin/s can be used forever even if license is not extended"

Ok so its $29 once but If I want to get updates after the first year its $10 a year otherwise no updates. In my experience as often as WP changes and updates every plugin updates at least once a year.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @jsegal,

Sorry for the delay on this one.

Too bad that this simple option is only available with the payed version of the theme.

As for the Q&A plugin, it only has some default styling so CSS tweaks are required to make it look like your theme.
    If the styling is not too complicated we would be happy to assist you with it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.