setting access to one-time products

This site has two types of clients: 1) ongoing subscribers at various levels and 2) one time products that people can buy. Sometimes a particular user will be a combination of the two.

My question is how to handle the one time products. Do I set up an access level for each product and a subscription for each? That seems cumbersome. Any other ways to do it?

Can I set them up and have them available for a date range versus a number of days? The reason is that these products are date specific so we don't want them to have access to the same product the following year but they can buy it within the entire year.

• PlanetWaves
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

The site is for an astrologer and the products are one time readings for each sign that come out one per month plus a few other special readings. the customer needs to be able to buy a reading, such as a Virgo Birthday Reading, any time during the calendar year and have access to it during the year. But they can't have access to the next year's reading without out purchasing it again. So I'm trying to find a way that we can set up the products the easiest way possible.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @PlanetWaves

I hope you are well today.

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I would recommend using the membership plugin to create Access levels for each star sign and the creating a page for these, only allowing the people who have access to that star sign subscription to view it and the new ones each month, then you could maybe create the other special ones on a separate page and assign it to it's own levels and allow the users to have multiple subscriptions.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• PlanetWaves
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Actually the way it works is that each reading if for the year per sign, so it is 12 signs / one per month, but you buy each individually.

My issue is that people will have two types of access: content access to different parts of the site and then access to specific products (the readings I just referred to). So, for example, I have set the three main content levels: 1) free, 2) silver -- access to two categories; 3) all access (except for the readings). How do I set it up so if someone subscribes to one of these levels AND buys a reading or two? Is it just different subscriptions? Do I set up access levels and subscriptions for each? Does the plugin connect them in the account so with one login they can access all?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @PlanetWaves

I hope you are well today.

Thank you for the additional clarification.

Yes, it would just be an extra subscription, that users could subscribe to as well, so they can purchase that subscription as well as have their current subscription and the system connects it all up under one login, they don't need to have multiple logins.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.