Setting an A recard in enom registery not working

I need to understand
I registered a breakingnow.net using the domain mapping plugin from my multi site and the domain was registered and mapped.

enom used thier name servers and added an A record with the dedicated ip address in the host settings the domain was mapped as it should be

now here is what is blowing me mind
I have another domain stevepershall.com that was rederected from an external hosting account using an a recored to the dedicated IP address the domain was redirected and mapped to the Muilti site
and worked fine.
after seeing how the domain host record was set up when I registered the domain with the mapping plugin I decided to change stevepershall.com in enom using enoms default name servers and adding an A record in the Host Records I saved the settings and forgot about it and now I fond that the domain is not redirecting to the mutil site

so the questin I have what does the mapping domain plug do that I did not do when I changed the domain settings

• steve Pershall
    • The Crimson Coder

@Vaughan
    that makes no sense to me if I have my domain using enom name servers and I ad an A host record in emon registry with the deticated Ip address of the multi site would that be the same as if I had the domain set up on a server and added the a records in the dns settings on the server?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

I was going on what you said here

I have another domain stevepershall.com that was rederected from an external hosting account using an a recored to the dedicated IP address the domain was redirected and mapped to the Muilti site
    and worked fine.

I'm confused why you need to change it if it was working.

• steve Pershall
    • The Crimson Coder

@Vaughan

I know if its not broke dont fix it LOL
    I want to delete the domain from the server and until I can get the domain to redirect to the correct place I cant delete the domain and I do not want to park it on top of the multi site to make it work

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @steve Pershall,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

If you can't delete the domain from the subsite > tools > domain mapping, try logging into phpmyadmin, wp_sitemeta (where wp is your database prefix and you should see "domain_mapping".

But it should work from the tools section of the sub site, do you get any error messages?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.