Setting Antispam API Key in Multisite Network

Hello, first post here. I’m in charge of a Multisite installation with many users. We have TypePad Antispam plugin installed and Network Activated, but most users forget about setting up an API KEY for their blogs.

I wanted to know if there is any way to hard-code an antispam API by default in all blog subdomains created… So users dont have to enter their own API Key and we make sure spam is filtered and subdomains blogs are protected.

Thank You.

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there and welcome to the WPMUdev Support Forums!

Very important question! While we aren’t the folks behind TypePad, we have had some discussion on our forum a few years ago. Have a look at the bottom of this thread:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/typdpad-antispam-implementation

It seems that it was possible to get sitewide coverage, but it requires hard-coding into the plugin. Someone explains how that is accomplished towards the end, but I can’t say for sure that it’d still work, although I don’t see why not.

The other thing is that we have nice solutions for spam, in our Comment Spam Pack and AntiSplog plugins. The former takes care of comment spam while the latter defeats spam blog attacks. You might want to have a looksee.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes! And keep coming back with any questions!

Cheers,

Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.