Setting Email confirmation before giving access to private content

Hi, finally I'm about to finish setting my new website and I'd like to know a few things:

Membership PRO
* How can I set an option where new users must confirm their email before having access to the member area? (including the use of captcha)

CoursePress
* While creating courses in the Answer Field once the student clicks ¨Done¨ they can't edit their answer, is there a way where this could be possible?

last one, I'm using Wistia to host my videos, they offer an option for people to download the video but I want to have this option enabled only for some specific membership plans, do you have any integration with Wistia or some way I could do that? plug in or something like that?

thanks a lot !!

• Ash

Hello @Philipe

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

First of all, please create separate thread for separate issue to make things easier. Let's deal about membership one in this thread, and about coursepress question, please create a new thread :slight_smile:

How can I set an option where new users must confirm their email before having access to the member area? (including the use of captcha)

Email confirmation is not possible out of the box. As the user is auto logged in and get access the content once the user makes the payment. But I am marking this as a feature request.

About the captcha, the plugin is compatible with WP-Recapctha plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-recaptcha/

I am sorry we don't have wistia integration. Do you integrate the videos in a page or something? In that case you can try URL protection addon.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Philipe

thanks for your answer,

The email confirmation is ultra important in this matter, my website works with FREE Trial and it lasts 7 days, so basically once people realize they can just create an email such as aushdasmdaihnd@dhuahsd.com and it' s gonna give 7 days more access I won't sell any membership, with the confirmation email at least people must work a little bit more to register another email and keep creating, I'm surprised that with so many features and plugins WPMUDEV has, there isn't this one.

The other option I can think of is when the user register for a Free Trial I send a code to their email and they have to use this code as a coupon that gives 7 days free access to them.
    is there an easy way to do that automatically ?

hope you guys can integrate this feature to help us users.
    Thanks !

• Ash

Hello @Philipe

I hope you are well today.

I am afraid, neither of those is possible out of the box. There is no coupon that will give 7 days free access. You can send email though if you enable Automatic Response addon from Membership 2 > Add ons.

And yes, you have raised a nice point. I am passing the message to the developer, also this thread is marked as feature request. I can't give you any ETA, as it depends on interests from other members on this feature.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.