setting maximum uplaod limit

Hi,
What do you recommend setting the maxmimum upload limit to on wordpress sites for images and themes? What plugins can raise it?

• Jonjon

Dear cornelius_butler,

Hope you are doing great and thank you for contacting our WPMUDEV Support.

I'm afraid there is no simple answer to your question and it all depends on many factors like on how your WordPress is installed and configured, what files will be uploaded to your server, the plugins you're using and their configuration, how many users will be using your website, how big your database is and last but not least you server's size and capacity. Also, there are lots of plugins that could change these values, this one for example: https://wordpress.org/plugins/upload-max-file-size/

But as a general rule, 256-512MB is a reasonable memory limit for most small/medium websites and 10mb for file upload as well. You can change it anytime based on the need.

There are a few good tips and instructions on the following article . For example:

In many cases, the values you enter should get larger as you go down the list from lines one to three. The upload_max_filesize should be the smallest while memory_limit should be the largest. The median should be post_max_size.

It might help shed some light on the issue. Let me know if you have any more questions I'll be glad to help.

Cheers,
    Jon

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.