Setting multiple and varied daily Unavailable and Available time slots in Appointments+

Hello and thanks for your help,

I am setting-up Appointments+ for a counsellor who needs to set up several time blocks each day where they are unavailable (or available) for booking appointments.

For example, the counsellor is available from 9:15-11:15am for appointments on Mondays, unavailable from 12:00-5:15pm on the same day, and then available from 6:30-9:00pm, again on Monday. The same pattern of avail. and unavail. would occur throughout the week but at different times for each day.

It appears I can only set up 1 block of "booked time off" each day.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to micro-schedule within each day like this?

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
William V

• Patrick

Hi there @william

I hope you're well today!

Under Appointments > Settings > Working Hours, you can set multiple break times. Once you have saved the first break time, you'll see a "+" icon appear that you can click to add additional break times.

Once you have your service times and multiple break times set, please test the your front-end calendar thoroughly. You may need to activate the Durations addon (under the Addons tab) to tweak the logic for times that get blocked off on the calendar.

If you do, and you need help with that, please don't hesitate to post again and we'll jump in with you.

:slight_smile:

• Patrick

Hi again @william

Mystery solved! I can use this plugin rather than having to buy Birchpress (the contingency plan)

Yay!

And yep, sometimes plugin & theme settings will only appear when relevant. This is actually becoming a trend to improve the general user experience, and not only with our products. So it is a good idea to develop a habit of playing around with stuff, experimenting, and fiddling with settings & options when you first install something new.

You never know what hidden gems you might find. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.