Setting the date to display the PopUp

I have just purchased the Wordpress Popup. Unfortunately I feel i was being mislead into thinking it can set to display the pop up based on certain date and time. I could not find any setting pertaining to this. I want to display certain banner on certain dates only. Can it be done?

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @kentseng,

Hope you're well today and thank you for your question.

Unfortunately there is no option to set the specific date when the popup will be displayed. However, since this is very interesting idea and it might come in handy to display popups on specific dates I'll mark this as a featured request so it might be added in some of the future updates.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Philipp Stracker

Hi Kentseng,

thanks for your feedback and for pointing out the misleading text on the project page. We'll fix this.
    What the description "...based on time..." means: Show the PopUp after a certain time.

However, we received already a few requests for time-based PopUps and we will be adding this in the future. I cannot give you an ETA of this, but I have marked the feature as High Priority, as it will be really useful!

There is a workaround that allows you to manually open PopUps via Javascript, if you don't mind adding the javascript to your pages:

- Set the PopUp to show Always (-> remove all conditions)
    - Set Behavior to Appear when scrolled to CSS: '' (empty CSS field!)
    - In Settings use Loading Method Page Footer
    Now every page will contain the invisible PopUp, but the PopUp is never opened. So you can add the following Javascript to open the PopUp when your time-trigger is reached:

<script>
    // Current timestamp
    var now = new Date();

// Trigger time on which the PopUp should be displayed
    // Note: This is the local time on the visitors computer!
    var show_at = new Date('2014-11-27 12:30:00');

// How many milliseconds until trigger time is reached
    var diff = (show_at - now); 

if ( diff > 0 ) {
    	setTimeout( function() {
    		// inc_popups[0] is the first PopUp that is loaded ont he page.
    		// If your page loads multipe PopUps then you might need to change this.
    		inc_popups[1].extend._show();
    	}, diff );
    }
    </script>

Let us know if this solution is working for you :slight_smile:
    Thanks, Philipp

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Kentseng,

All billing questions are handled promptly via email rather than in the forums.

Please send your inquiry to our accounts team using the contact form on this page:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Be sure to select "I have a billing question" from the menu to ensure it gets to the right department.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.