Setting the Events Calendar to display on a page

I have a page set as part of my sub-menu called Events Calendar. How do I get the events calendar - or an event listing - from Events+ to show up on this page?

• aecnu

Greetings loreen_liberty,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I have a page set as part of my sub-menu called Events Calendar. How do I get the events calendar - or an event listing - from Events+ to show up on this page?

Have you tried using the option and short code within the site admin dashboard --> Events --> Settings --> Weekly Event Calendar --> Activate fill out for short code ~or~ perhaps you are referring to the Appearance Settings and setting the templates which include the calendar?

Please advise or if not resolved please post a link to the specific page so that we can see what is happening there.

Cheers, Joe

• loreen_liberty

Thanks Joe,

I went to dashboard --> Events --> Settings --> Weekly Event Calendar --> Activate fill out for short code and set this up.

Now I'm just trying to find what the short codes would be. I've tried searching the support area for a list of short codes - but I keep being brought back to support.

To help clarify what I'm trying to do on my page:
    http://www.litewriting.com/class-schedule/

I have the events+ widget in the right sidebar for all posts.

I would like a listing of upcoming events to show up in the page area on the left side.

Also - after clicking on a month in the widget calendar, would it be possible when the calendar shows full screen for the "next/prev" links to appear at the top of the calendar instead of the bottom?

Thanks for the continued support!!

• aecnu

Greetings loreen_liberty,

Thank you for the additional input, it is certainly appreciated.

Now I'm just trying to find what the short codes would be.

The short codes are in this specific case Events --> Settings --> Weekly Event Calendar --> Activate are maintained in the little blue "i"

There is also an option Events --> Settings --> for upcoming events as well.

Have you got Events --> Settings and set your archive template to "Plugin: Calendar"?

Please check out the listing in the settings because there is also the upcoming events item and short codes there as well.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• loreen_liberty

Okay - sorry. Now I'm confused...

Here are two screen shots to show my settings. I believe I do have them all set up correctly.

I've got the calendar displaying properly in this link:
    http://www.litewriting.com/litewriting.com/events/eventcategories/

The only thing I'd like to do here is move the next/prev to the top so folks can
    see to change months.

Now I'd like to show the upcoming event list in this link as part of the post:
    http://www.litewriting.com/category/classes/courses/on-line-classes/

I'm just not sure how to get the list to show up on a post.

I did try to add the custom code to the following page (not the post) but couldn't get the list to show up there either. I've added a screen shot of how I set up the custom fields.

http://www.litewriting.com/events-calendar_page/

I found the short-codes under the little blue "i"s... that was helpful! Now I know to look under those in all the plug-ins!!

Thank you for the continued support!!
    Loreen

• loreen_liberty

Check check check
    Is this thing on?

I'm working on sites during the long weekend and really need to get this piece crossed off the punch-list of to-dos.

Any chance someone will respond to this in the next 24 hrs?? My last two posts have not be replied to.

If i need to restart this question in a new topic, or reattach the screen shots - no problem... but I need this fixed by end of day Monday. Events are going live and marketing campaigns start on Tuesday.

• aecnu

Greetings Loreen,

Thank you for your additional input, links, and screen shots which are certainly instrumental in helping to resolve a ticket or issues.

The delay in a reply to your ticket I can see is directly being caused by your replies to your ticket ... lol

I shall explain and this may help us work together better in the future.

The ticket system sees every reply to a ticket as a reply no matter who the reply comes from. When it sees the reply it changes the aging of the ticket to not aging and off of our screens of currently aging tickets requiring answers which in effect lowers the priority of the ticket itself.

Forward --> You have progressed quite a lot in this ticket and now I am under the impression that your only remaining issue is:

The only thing I'd like to do here is move the next/prev to the top so folks can see to change months.

Please advise.

And also my sincere apology for the delay in a reply to this ticket but it is certain that you can see how it kept getting away from us as discussed above.

Sincerely, Joe

• loreen_liberty

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if replying to myself was skewing the system!

So I was testing another plugin last night and deactivated events. I'll get it up and running here in the next hour and can send you screen shots/links.

I was able to get the calendar to display in the side bar just fine - but was never able to get the listing of events to show up properly.

I was also trying to get the info at the bottom of the calendar posted back up to the top.

I'm sending you this so you know I saw your response and didn't want you to think I was foot stomping earlier and then not paying attention myself.

To avoid the loop of my replying to myself again - I won't post the links/screen shots after I get Events+ back online until I see another post from you guys.

Thanks again!!

Loreen

• aecnu

Greetings Loreen,

Thank you again for your input and understanding and it is a pleasure to try to troubleshoot what we have got going on there.

Ready for the screen shots please and a re-cap of the remaining issues plus links to those issues if applicable so if I cannot see or offer assistance with the issue at hand I will be able to properly direct the lead developer thereto.

Looking forward to your reply and update.

Cheers, Joe

• pengie5696

For what it is worth, getting the month calendar to display on the default calendar page requires the insertion of the following shortcode (I found this by accident - certainly wasn't documented anywhere that I could find!)

[eab-calendar]

The only thing that is odd is that the event titles do not wrap nicely within a cell... so I will ultimately need to see if there some CSS adjustments I can make...

For example, I have a monthly committee meeting on the 4th Weds., and because the name of the event is a few words in length, the Wednesday column expands to accommodate the width of the event title... It's pretty odd looking... I haven't dug through the forum sufficiently to see if this has been resolved already by someone else, but it looks funky.

I would also like to see some type of arrow key to advance from the current month to the next / previous month if there is such a feature possible...

• aecnu

Greetings pengie5696,

Thank you for the screen shot and you are absolutely right of course that the screen shot is a great illustration that will help the lead developer to figure out what is going on there.

I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.
    We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.
    Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any way.
    Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.
    Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.
    Cheers!
    Tom
    Sales &Support
    Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.