setting up a buddypress store similar to etsy

Hi,
How do i customize my store to sell books or products on a commission base from buddy press users?

1) Users can create their own books (buddypress is installed)
2) Users upload their book information
3) Users set the price for their book
4) Book gets approved and into the marketplace
5) User browses - they buy a book and get a download link when they buy the book
6) My site (bibliocrunch.com) takes 15% commission from each book sale and

Any info would be helpful!

Miral

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello miral and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I'd just like to clarify to start with that the multi-vendor/multi-store capabilities of MarketPress would require enabling the multisite feature of WordPress, which you can find more about at the following:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-manual/wordpress-wordpress-mu-and-wordpress-multisite/

And with the mutlsite feature enabled, you could then allow users to create a sub-site on your multisite (there are ways to brand the experience so it appears to be part of one collective multisite experience). With a sub-site, a member could then provide their specific product (book) information.

1) Users can create their own books (buddypress is installed)
    2) Users upload their book information
    3) Users set the price for their book

This could be easily facilitated via their sub-sites.

4) Book gets approved and into the marketplace

The only way to achieve this easily would be to somehow assign users a Contributor role on their sub-site. Given some of your other concerns, you might consider using the Membership plugin as the latest version allows you to place members in a particular user role as well. It also provides for numerous other restriction rules that could very well help with your customizing the store experience.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership

5) User browses - they buy a book and get a download link when they buy the book

Currently, this would have to be done manually by the book sellers emailing a download link, or something of that nature. Though the upcoming MarketPress version addresses this concern.

6) My site (bibliocrunch.com) takes 15% commission from each book sale and

That's as simple as setting up the PayPal chained payment options. Though the setup with PayPal itself would require a bit of work in itself.

If you'd prefer to keep the entire experience contained to a single WordPress site rather than enabling the multisite feature, many of these things might be a bit simpler, but the PayPal chained payment feature wouldn't be available in this circumstance.

Cheers,
    David

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.