Setting up a child theme

I would like some assistance setting up the FrameMarket as a 'child theme" to my theme: Techazoic. I would like to use the FrameMarket for my catalog pages. Can someone help me do this? New to WP.

• James Dunn

Goodday vera_johnson.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking here, but if I am understanding correctly, then I'm not sure it can be done that way. First let me restate what I think you're asking to see if I'm correct:

You are wanting your theme (Techazoic) for your website to be the parent theme and then FrameMarket to be the child them of the parent theme, Techazoic? Is that correct?

Are you running this website as a single site installation or as a multi-site installation?

The answer to question #1 and subsequently question #2 would help me formulate a potential solution for you - although my idea that I have in my head may be a bit unorthodox.

Please help clarify this and we'll see how we can help.

Thanks.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @vera_johnson

Welcome to our Community!

@JamesDunn said it correct. It is indeed not possible to make FrameMarket a child theme. FrameMarket cannot actually function on it's own. You need to use it's child theme (GridMarket) or create a new child theme for it to work.

I look forward to your feedback to the questions that @JamesDunn raised. Maybe we can come up with a solution.

All the best!

Gina

• Patricia BT

Hi there,

I'm not sure I understood your needs correctly, but as far as I can say, I would follow these instructions :
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/create-your-very-own-framemarket-child-theme/

and base work on gridmarket and adapt the css to look as close as possible to Techazoic

then yes, have the store in a subsite of your site made multisite

not sure my point of view helps, especially I'm not a user (for now) of this plugin and this theme, but well, I thought it might be worth mentioning anyway

have a great day :slight_smile:

• James Dunn

O.K. I've had some sleep now and I'll go ahead with my idea - whether it applies or not. I'm going to be away for several hours and didn't want you to have to wait for my idea that you may feel I've teased you with.

Based upon my understanding, I would setup this installation in MultiSite with Techazoic as your theme for your existing site. Then, for your catalog pages, set up a subsite of the main site using MarketPress (or the child theme of GridMarket or one of your own creation) and direct all catalog page requests to those pages. I believe you could do this quite easily and minimize your headaches once you get it all set up.

Like I said, it may be a bit unorthodox, but I've seen similar things done with a main site and using subsites for sections such as support, store, etc.

Good luck with this and be sure to post back with a link to your site if you need further help. Sometimes just a quick look at what you've got can provide needed insight that an explanation cannot provide.

Thanks.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.