Setting up a Multisites network similar to edublog

Hello, I have some questions about how edublog is set up I want to do something similar

1. Where is the list button on this editor?
2. Is someone who is part of this site working on edublog as super admin?
3. Is there a way I can get demo of each offering and sales page for those offering to get better idea of how it is setup?
4. Is it possible to do something like edublog for site that are totally unrelated to each other. For example have offering of Local business websites, Niche style website, Freelancers style website, etc.
5. Is it possible to have Categories of sites and keep them organized that way and each category has their own sales page?
6. Is it possible to have buddy press a part of this whole set up and be accessible for each category.
7. I am in desperate need of someone with a great deal of experience to act as a mentor/ Consultant to help me set this up right. I cannot pay much, but I promise do what I can to make it worth your time and I promise to pay it forward in the future. I have been struggle to get things going for years just because I am having trouble figuring out how to get what I want to do set up properly. Pro site and educblog, both of which I just discovered last few days are the best resource so far of giving me an idea of how this all can work, but still way above my pay grade. Please PM me if you think you can help.

• aecnu

Greetings PCactive,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the questions.

1. Where is the list button on this editor?

What are you referring to? A list button?

2. Is someone who is part of this site working on edublog as super admin?

Not that I am aware of - EDU Blogs has it's own team of developers.

3. Is there a way I can get demo of each offering and sales page for those offering to get better idea of how it is setup?

No demos that I am aware of , however I will ask @Sue to come in here and answer some of these questions because I have no idea - I am part of the WPMU DEV support team.

4. Is it possible to do something like edublog for site that are totally unrelated to each other. For example have offering of Local business websites, Niche style website, Freelancers style website, etc.

Anything is possible, sure why not?

5. Is it possible to have Categories of sites and keep them organized that way and each category has their own sales page?

Sure this is possible as well.

6. Is it possible to have buddy press a part of this whole set up and be accessible for each category.

No - unless you do separate MultiSite installs for each category destination.

7. I am in desperate need of someone with a great deal of experience to act as a mentor/ Consultant to help me set this up right. I cannot pay much, but I promise do what I can to make it worth your time and I promise to pay it forward in the future. I have been struggle to get things going for years just because I am having trouble figuring out how to get what I want to do set up properly. Pro site and educblog, both of which I just discovered last few days are the best resource so far of giving me an idea of how this all can work, but still way above my pay grade. Please PM me if you think you can help.

There is no PM facility here and I am $80 an hour outside of WPMU DEV

You may want to seek a developer at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

I will see if I can get Sue in here asap to answer those questions that I did not nor qualified to answer, thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.