setting up a new multisite project

I would like to change my Multisite to subdomains.

• viobru
    • Support

Hi, George!

Hope you are doing great :slight_smile:

I had an update from our devs informing that to continue with the SSL certificate installation you have to validate domain authentication and have to paste CSR to there in order to generate the SSL. Seems that the link given during our last chat is not for installing but a SSL buying guide.

They mentioned that each SSL Provider has a different interface but in order to generate SSL they needed CSR.

Here are a couple of online tutorials about how to create CSR:
    https://www.digicert.com/csr-creation.htm

https://www.thesslstore.com/knowledgebase/ssl-generate/csr-generation-guide-for-nginx-openssl/

Common Name: The FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure with the certificate such as http://www.google.com, secure.website.org, *.domain.net, etc.
    Assuming that this custom SSL is for subdomain work, in common name we need *.example.com and example.com both cover.

You can use the CSR you've made to create the SSL cert you've bought and give us:
    - Private Key (created during CSR process)
    - Certificate
    - Certificate chain
    The SSL provider should give all those if you create a CSR using their interface.

We look forward to hear from you. Many thanks in advance!

Thanks!
    Violeta

• George
    • Flash Drive

I do not have access to your server. The instructions say you have to enter this below in your server to generate the csr.
    openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -out star_benefitsimply_com.csr -keyout star_benefitsimply_com.key -subj "/C=US/ST=South Carolina/L=Charleston/O=BOST Integrated Solutions Inc. /OU=Admin/CN=*.benefitsimply.com"

• Mitesh
    • Staff

You can run openssl commands to any server/laptop you are using.
    Also, you missed covering the benefitsimply.com in common name.

You have to buy SSL which cover all subdomains (*.benefitsimply.com) and naked domain (benefitsimply.com) as well so single ssl works for benefitsimply.com and subdomain.benefitsimply.com too.

• Mitesh
    • Staff

George Thanks for SSL zip file.

You can use the CSR you've made to create the SSL cert you've bought and give us:
    - Private Key (created during CSR process)
    - Certificate
    - Certificate chain
    The SSL provider should give all those if you create a CSR using their interface.

Can you provide us Private Key file so we can finish SSL setup, Without Private Key file we are not able to install SSL.

• George
    • Flash Drive

Still having issues. Comments from NITHIN below
    Seems like the steps are correct. This is odd, as the issue still is pointing to a DNS misconfiguration. I'm afraid, I'll have to bring this into our hosting teams attention, so this could be looked upon closely.

I'm pinging the respective dev who has installed the SSL certificate regarding this, so we could see what's being missed. However, I'm afradi he isn't online at the moment.

Could you please follow up in your existing ticket, so that our team is notified regarding this new issue. I'm following up with the system admin regarding this, and will get back to you via your exsiting ticket regarding this asap.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi George,

I got an update regarding this. Seems like the WildCard DNS hasn't been added. Could you please follow the given article, and make sure to setup WildCard DNS:
    https://in.godaddy.com/help/set-up-wildcard-dns-3301

Please do note that it can take 24-72 hours for the changes to propagate. Please do make the relevant changes, and if you still have issues even after the propagation time, please share the screenshot on how the WildCard DNS is also added in your next reply so that we could give a closer look, if needed.

Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.