Setting up a trial period for users

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the Membership plugin. I am trying to create a website with three tiers of users:

-Free 14 Day Trial
-Paid Subscription 1
-Paid Subscription 2

What these users would be doing is paying to create a WordPress site. So, my question is:

1) How would I create a Free 14 Day Trial membership, and then after 14 days restrict their access to the WordPress sites they have created?

I appreciate any and all help with this!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for the post.

I'm not entirely sure that's possible using just membership on it's own. you can certainly create the tiers & plans, but restricting the creation of new sites/blogs isn't within it's scope, i believe pro-sites might be needed for that too.

membership plugin just restricts access to content & pages.

or you might be able to use something such as role scoper to remove access to the create site function by creating user roles. then using advanced membership options in access levels, you can assign a user role per subscription level.

so once their 14 day trial is over, they would be moved onto a paid subscription and that subscription level will assign them a new user role, but minus the create site ability.

i'm no expert on this though so let me ping @Timothy Bowers who may be able to explain it better.

hope this helps.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

If they're creating a website then why not use Pro Sites?

Pro Sites will let you do a free trial and charge for levels. You can offer premium themes, plugins, space and other features.

Would this be more suitable for your needs:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

I do think this would be better than Membership. Membership could do a 14 days trial on serial, then charged. But it's not really the best for letting your members have sites and to charge for that.

Take care.

• missoulian
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Guys,

Thanks you very much for your comments and helping with my dilemma. I just checked out the pro sites plugin and it definitely looks more suitable to what my client is looking at doing.

I really appreciate your time and pointing me in the right direction!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.