setting up Appointments app

Hi All
I am trying to get the Appointments+ plugin working. http://www.pcperfect.co/make-an-appointment/
when i am logged in to wordpress admin, it allows me to make a booking, but when i am logged out it does not, which wont be any good to anyone trying to book an appointment.
also is there anyway to make the dimensions not so wide as part of the drop downs are being cut off.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings waynerp,

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

Please let me know how it goes after following the suggestion Mort3n gave and if indeed you have more issues to be addressed.

On a side note, some folks do want people to have to log in to post/create an appointment.

Looking forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings waynerp,

Thank you for the additional clarification.

I visited your page and started digging into it and found massive errors being caused by jetpack.

Timestamp: 12/6/2012 14:19:23
    Error: An exception occurred.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "resource://jid1-f9uj2thwoam5gq-at-jetpack/api-utils/lib/tabs/tab.js", line 75, in _onReady
    this._emit(EVENTS.ready.name, this._public);
    File "resource://jid1-f9uj2thwoam5gq-at-jetpack/api-utils/lib/events.js", line 119, in _emit
    return this._emitOnObject.apply(this, args);
    File "resource://jid1-f9uj2thwoam5gq-at-jetpack/api-utils/lib/events.js", line 149, in _emitOnObject
    listener.apply(targetObj, params);
    File "resource://jid1-f9uj2thwoam5gq-at-jetpack/api-utils/lib/windows/tabs.js", line 102, in _emitEvent
    tabs._emit(type, tab);
    File "resource://jid1-f9uj2thwoam5gq-at-jetpack/api-utils/lib/events.js", line 119, in _emit
    return this._emitOnObject.apply(this, args);
    File "resource://jid1-f9uj2thwoam5gq-at-jetpack/api-utils/lib/events.js", line 149, in _emitOnObject
    listener.apply(targetObj, params);
    File "resource://jid1-f9uj2thwoam5gq-at-jetpack/collusion/lib/main.js", line 436, in
    var history = getHistoryForTab(tab.index);
    File "resource://jid1-f9uj2thwoam5gq-at-jetpack/collusion/lib/main.js", line 56, in getHistoryForTab
    var sessionHistory = loadingTab.linkedBrowser.sessionHistory;
    TypeError: loadingTab is null

Now it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings waynerp,

Thank you for your additional input and though I do not know what is causing this issue, that is why I thought trouble shooting protocol was the best next step, but you can see in the errors that the references are indeed there to jetpack i.e. resource://jid1-f9uj2thwoam5gq-at-jetpack/collusion/lib/main.js and from the fact that you are not using Jet Pack, something is indeed trying to interact with //jid1-f9uj2thwoam5gq-at-jetpack/

Indeed it may be as simple as a JavaScript conflict, but what is causing it troubleshooting protocol should be able to uncover in any event.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• waynerp
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi
    Many thanks for helping out on this Joe.
    I have disabled ALL plugins apart from the appointment plugin and i am still having the same problem
    am going to have a word with the theme designers and see if they can shed any light on it.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings waynerp,

Thank you for the update which is indeed greatly appreciated and happy that we managed to resolve one issue but on the other hand we are facing a new issue it appears.

Have you set out a schedule of working times? They should be designated/appearing in the color green on the front end.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings waynerp,

Thank you for the additional input and I did visit your site and got the same reaction when trying to set an appointment but also noticed the Facebook item there and though this may not be the specific cause, I am 99.9% sure there is a conflict going on there.

Now it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• waynerp

Hi Joe
    Ok so i've activated twenty eleven theme, and de activated all plugins except the Appointment+ and Presto, it works, so i will reactivate the theme first to see if it is that and then try each plugin one by one.
    Many thanks for the outstanding support

• waynerp

FOUND IT
    As you predicted.
    The issue is with the plugin 'Ultimate Facebook'
    when activated it brings up the message 'we are sorry but this time slot is not available,Please refresh the page and try another time slot'

Can you recommend another facebook plugin that will work with the Appointment plugin?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings waynerp,

Thank you for taking the time to help whittle this down to what is causing the issue in your installation.

I will now ping both lead developers respectively - @Hakan for Appointments+ and @Vladislav of Ultimate Facebook fame and see if these folks can figure out the cure to the clash since you and I have managed to whittle it down to a clash between these two plugins.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get them both in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings waynerp,

Thank you for the great question and sorry I missed it before my last post.

@Hakan - Hey Chief I dug long and hard and could not find the option you mentioned.

"My website already uses Facebook" setting of Appointments+

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

Please forget that. I assumed that you had enabled Login Required, but in your second message you noted that you did not.

On the other hand, I cannot reproduce this issue. And as login is not required, I cannot see a reason for a conflict between the two plugins.

We have to ask you to enable Ultimate Facebook to diagnose the issue on your website.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.