Setting up Blog Templates and Pro Sites

Hello!

So, I have this theme that come with a bunch of different theme options and designs, giving me the opportunity to have quite a few templates that I can offer my clients. Tested with one, created a New Blog Template and it looks great so far!

My questions:
1) Can a new user sign up on any blog other than the main blog of the Multisite? My company website is not the main site and would love to have people sign up from there.

2) How well does this plugin play with Pro Sites?

Here is what I would like and please tell me if it is possible and also if possible on a blog other than the main one.

1) Can I charge a setup fee (optional for the client) on signup?
2) I have multiple maintenance plans not based on any themes and plugins. There's the basic and other ones that come with us doing some of their work. Can these be part of my plans?
3) I have some SEO plans, and each one comes with different plugins. Can this be part of my plans as well?
4) Can I set all this up but keep the design of my current website? I really like the look of the pricing plans and would just like the buttons to link to the signup pages.
5) How would the clients go about changing their plans?

I'm sure all this is covered in some of your plugins, I just want to make sure that I won't hit a wall half way through and end up wasting my time trying to set something up that won't work :slight_smile:

Thanks,

And have a blessed 2016!

Paul

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Paul,

I hope had been good today!

1) From what I know, users needs to sign up to a new sites only through the main website.

2) New Blog Templates plays very well with Pro Sites. When a user sign up for a plan and website through Pro Sites, during the registration process, choose what Template wants to use.

For the answers given below, I started from the beginning that you made questions about Pro Sites.

1) You can charge a setup fee, but it's not optional. When a user sign up for a site, it always charged a fee.

2) You can create packages of themes and plugins to offer in specific plans. I'm not sure what are you thinking about maintenance plans. Upgrades? Custom development?

3) As referred above, you can create packages of plugins to offer in your plans as Premium plugins, found in Pro Sites -> modules.

4) You can stylize all the pricing table. Pro Sites offers different types of Pricing tables, options to change the styles and of course, the option to use custom CSS.

5) If I understand well the question, in your main website, the users can consult your account and upgrade/downgrade their plans.

Also, you can create a menu link in their sites admin dashboard to link to their account.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Paul
    • The Incredible Plugin Injector

Hello Luis,

I noticed on multiple posts regarding Pro Sites on wordpress.org that Tom from WPMUDev jumped in. One post was specific to this need (mentioned in #1, setting up pro sites and other plugins on sub sites rather than just on the main site.

Here is the link, and one of the users may have had a solution, and Tom followed up with him (maybe....).
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/alternative-to-wpmu-pro-sites?replies=10

Anyway to see if this is something that has a workaround or is it possible to add that as a feature?

Best regards,

Paul

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Paul,

I hope had been good today!

I've just moved this over to our Features and Feedback, so it can be taken into consideration for the next plugin updates.

Hopefully some other members will show their support for the feature too, the more members that ask for it the sooner it will happen.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.