Setting up e-newsletter plugin on multisite network for user to send emails

Hello,

I am thinking about setting up e-newsletter plugin on my multisite network. I currently have about 200 blogs and would like my users to be able to import their email lists and send out emails to their clients.

My question is, can this be done with the plugin, and am I able to create my own templates for them to use? Also, do I setup all the SMTP settings, as super admin first so the individual users don't have to?

Thanks, Chris

• aristath

Hello there @Christopher, I hope you're well today!

Yes, you can do it with this plugin. :slight_smile:

am I able to create my own templates for them to use?

Yes, but you'll have to custom-code them!

Also, do I setup all the SMTP settings, as super admin first so the individual users don't have to?

actually these can be chjanged on a per-site basis... so you might want to write some instructions and allow them to use phpmail instead. It's a lot simpler that way... :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Christopher,

Hope you're well today!

Will I run into any performance issues with this plugin if I have several user sending our emails at the same time?

You shouldn't have any issues. If you are using phpmail then it might depend more on your host. Some hosts seem a bit finicky when it comes to php mail and some put limits on how many you can send in a certain period. It's best to ask your host about that.

Keep in mind, as Ari said, phpmail is simpler to setup so if you can use it then it might be a good idea :slight_smile:

If my users are capturing names and emails using Gravity Forms, is there a way to import them into the e-Newsletter groups?

Currently there is no integration with Gravity Froms in the eNewsletter plugin. eNewsletter does come with a subscribe widget that you can use to collect emails, you may have already known that though :slight_smile:

Hope this helps, let us know if you still have further questions. As always, happy to help!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.