setting up main blog multi-authors not working for me

Hi:

I want to make members authors on the primary blog, but I'm having two kinds of trouble.

here's the production site (only the main blog exists now):
http://72.18.130.197/~hoopinst/

here's a summary of the situation:

1. I log in at site admin
2. go to My Blogs/Dashboard
3. I could add people to:
(sidebar)SiteAdmin/Users (which I would guess would be for the primary blog?)
or (sidebar)Authors & Users (which I would guess would be for member blogs?)

4. I've tried adding dummy members to both, and made them authors.

5. But, when I try to log in as these dummy members, I get one of two problems.

either I'm not able to post on the Primary blog (at this point, the only blog).
For example: as a site administrator, I go to SiteAdmin/Users to the dummy account 'multi1'. then I log in (when I can) as multi1, but when I make a blog post, it doesn't show up anywhere.

or

6. I can't log in at all from the home page, using the dummy member.

I'm sure I have some wrong settings somewhere, but have no idea where to look.

thanks for your help.

• Sue

Can we get you to log into your main blog and go to Users > Authors and Users to confirm that your new users are definitely listed as users on your main blog and that their access level is definitely correct?

Also when testing different usernames I recommend you consider doing the testing using different web browsers. For example, be logged into your site admin account in FireFox and logged in as one of your test users in Internet Explorer. You can read more about why I recommend it here - http://theedublogger.com/2010/04/25/online-accounts-tips-for-testing-accounts-and-using-web-browsers/

"For example: as a site administrator, I go to SiteAdmin/Users to the dummy account 'multi1'. then I log in (when I can) as multi1, but when I make a blog post, it doesn't show up anywhere." Maybe I'm confused but are you sure you don't have more than one blog on your site? As it sounds like you may be posting to the wrong blog?

Can you go to Site Admin > Admin and tell us how many blogs and users it shows listed? Also can I get you to confirm what version of WordPress MU / Multisite and/or BuddyPress you are uisng?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.