Setting up membership 2 payment and time frames

I am trying to set up site that will allow for a one time fee and then a monthly fee after that , I thought I had it set up with the free but I was limited to only 3 types of memberships so I bought the membership to your site and now got the pro, but I can't fingure out what to do now since. Ultimately I would like it to have 1 person become a member of 1 of 4 areas, or a combination of the 4 areas, Ideally they would become a member of all 4 and have access to all info, but if they want to just be a member of 1 or 2 or 3 they can, the cost would be cheaper per group if they buy all 4 together, but if they by just one they can do that, for example, it cost 100 to join and then 25 a year to be a part of the group, if they want to join 2 groups is is 200 setup and 35, then join 3 groups is 300 and 45 and then if they join all 4 groups it is 400 and then 55 a month, but if they join individually it would be 100 each a 25 a month each. so signing up would save them 15 a year for the 2 sites c. Thanks for the help.
Oh and also would like to offer a discount coupon to make it cheaper for members who need it.

• Sajid

Hi @Spencer Cook

Hope you are doing good today and welcome to WPMUDEV community :slight_smile:

I am trying to set up site that will allow for a one time fee and then a monthly fee after that ,

There is no special offer price for first time payment. But as a workaround you can have two memberships one for one time payment (ms1) and the second one for monthly payment (ms2). Give finite access of one month to ms1 members and select ms2 membership after this membership ends from dropdown.

Ultimately I would like it to have 1 person become a member of 1 of 4 areas, or a combination of the 4 areas,

To allow your members have multiple memberships you have to activate Multiple Memberships add-on from Membership 2 > Add-on. Now your members can have multiple memberships subscribing each membership separately.

Ideally they would become a member of all 4 and have access to all info, but if they want to just be a member of 1 or 2 or 3 they can, the cost would be cheaper per group if they buy all 4 together

There is no option two combine multiple memberships in one bundled membership. But you can create multiple membership groups to give access to your members accordingly. The same way I have mentioned above you will have ms1, ms2, and ms3 to be subscribed separately having access to three different areas/content of your website and now create another bundled membership giving them access of all your area/contents that are protected by ms1, ms2, and ms3.

it cost 100 to join and then 25 a year to be a part of the group, if they want to join 2 groups is is 200 setup and 35

Again no such option availabe to do this directly. But you can create multiple memberships for each to signup/joining fee by setting a finite membership for each group and drop them to another bundled membership.

Oh and also would like to offer a discount coupon to make it cheaper for members who need it.

Yes! You can give discounts to your members by activating the coupons code add-on from Membership 2 > Add-ons > Coupon.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Feel free to post a reply if you need further support.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hi @Spencer Cook

Hope you are doing good today and you are welcome :slight_smile:

There are no configurations for this add-on to worry about :slight_smile: As stated in our usage guide page it will allow your members to have multiple memberships.

Multiple Memberships – If you need users to have more than one simultaneous membership on your site, this add on will allow that functionality. This Add-On doesn’t create any new settings for you to worry about though.

Important note: Members who are in multiple membership levels will default to the permissions of the most permissive level they belong to, if there’s a conflict. For example, let’s say you have a craft-based site where members can join any memberships they want, and each membership is based on a craft. If the Knitters have access to all custom post types, but Stitchers do not, and Bev is a member of both Knitters and Stitchers, Bev will have access to all custom post types.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Feel free to post a reply if you need further support.

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.