Setting up multisite creation.

Hello.

I have been working on a site for awhile now. The goal is to have a site like wordpress.com or edublogs.org and have used a lot of your plugin to come close, but I cannot get what I want to work correctly. What I am looking to do is allow people to sign up and start payment, that will create a new site with there sub domain and this seems to work with Pro Sites, however here are the features I cant get to work.

- There should be one theme that is automatically active and cannot be changed (all Logos and settings should not be accessed or changed by the user, so no access to /wp-admin)
- all content and plugins should be the same and active on every new site.
- No sites should be able to be accessed by anyone unless they know the subdomain and are signed in.
- limit the amount of users that can be added before the payment package needs to be upgraded.

Is this something support can help me with or a way i can get some custom work done?
Thank you so much!
Mike

• James Morris

Hello Michael,

I hope you are well today.

Actually, most of this can be accomplished.

- There should be one theme that is automatically active and cannot be changed (all Logos and settings should not be accessed or changed by the user, so no access to /wp-admin)

In Pro Sites, there's an add-on for Premium themes. So, you can limit what themes are available to your customers. Easy Blogging allows you to customize the WordPress Dashboard and remove specific links if needed. WP User Frontend enables the ability for users to edit their content from the frontend of their site without ever touching the Dashboard.

- all content and plugins should be the same and active on every new site.

New Blog Templates is perfect for this! You can specify a template site that all new sites are based off of. This includes plugins, themes, content, users and settings. And, NBT integrates seamlessly with Pro Sites.

- No sites should be able to be accessed by anyone unless they know the subdomain and are signed in.

If you install WP Maintenance Mode on your template site and set it active, you can define a splash page that prevents access to anyone who is not logged in.

- limit the amount of users that can be added before the payment package needs to be upgraded.

I'm afraid this is not possible out of the box with Pro Sites. You'll need to code a custom solution for this. However, I did find the following thread here that may get you going in the right direction: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-limit-number-of-users-in-a-site

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris