Setting up my first multisite

Hi there,

I installed multisite successfully (huzzah) and can see that there are two now. I went to my cpanel and created the sub-domain. But I’m still having trouble. I’m not sure how to:

“configure your DNS (to map the domain name to the server’s IP address) and server (to map the domain name to the WordPress installation directory). WordPress will then map the domain name to the site.”

Not all of my themes show up as options for the new site (Unifor en direct – fr.uniforlive.ca).

I look forward to your help!

Thanks!

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Karnup, hope you had a wonderful day.

I went to my cpanel and created the sub-domain

Can you please make sure you created a “wildcard” subdomain?

I’m not sure how to configure your DNS

Suppose your multisite main site is “example.com”. It has a subsite here “sub.example.com”. Now you want to map “domain.com” to “sub.example.com”. For doing that, you have to go to Domain Control Panel of “domain.com” and create an “A” record pointing to your multisite server IP. To know more about how you create an “A” record, you can check this guide: https://sg.godaddy.com/help/add-an-a-record-19238

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Karnup
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi there,

In my hosting plan I can have multiple domains, so it’s now set up so that there’s all the WordPress files are copied.

It seems to work, but the second site isn’t behaving the same way as the first.

When I am in ‘Upfront’, the page looks fine. But when I click ‘update’ the logo and banner image aren’t there and there’s a huge white space.

Any chance you can help?

Thanks!

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Karnup ,

Hope you are well today and won’t mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

Yes there is 100% chance that we can help you with that. :slight_smile: But just to keep things organised and separate, I suggest you to open new thread for your Upfront related issue as it will help us to avoid any confusion. We will get back to you as soon as you open new thread for your Upfront related issue. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.