Setting up Newsletter for multisite and blog

Hi,

I wanted to set up newsletter plugin. Through mailchip sync I can get the email address of newly signed up members right.

Now if I have another opt in in my blog and if I am giving away a ebook in exchange for Email id, how will the user to my network get it? Since their email id are already synced when they signed up for blog in my network. I don't understand how to handle this.

2. I really love Mailpoet plugin. Combining mailpoet and mandrill app works the best. Now if I wanted to use that plugin in my blog how will I sync the email ids of user singed up for the blog

NOTE- The blog is separately installed and the path is - mainsite.com/blog

Please advice.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @CatMan, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

I wanted to set up newsletter plugin...

I'll assume that you're referring to our e-Newsletter plugin here, please feel free to correct me on this. :slight_smile:

Now if I have another opt in in my blog and if I am giving away a ebook in exchange for Email id, how will the user to my network get it? Since their email id are already synced when they signed up for blog in my network. I don't understand how to handle this.

In this case, you'll want to go to:

eNewsletter -> Settings

And set "WordPress User registration" to "Disable", so that they'll need to click on the "Subscribe" button (as a subscribe form won't be shown, since they're already a registered user to your site).

2. I really love Mailpoet plugin. Combining mailpoet and mandrill app works the best. Now if I wanted to use that plugin in my blog how will I sync the email ids of user singed up for the blog

NOTE- The blog is separately installed and the path is - mainsite.com/blog

This mainsite.com/blog is a single site install, correct? And you're wanting those subscribing to your newsletter to be registered users on your single site install?

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.