Setting up Newsletter Plugin with Google Apps MDX Records for Bounced emials

This may not be the forum to post this question, so forgive me if it is wrong.

I am trying to set up the e-newsletter plugin on my site. The issue is i am not sure how to set up the bounce emails on my dedicated server. Does any one have any knowledge on setting up the SMTP so that if i send an email via the newsltter plugin then the server would recieve the bounced email not Gmail. its odd...

Im a little confused..

• aecnu

Greetings jamest10,

Thank you for the great question and I hope to bring some clarification for you.

The issue is i am not sure how to set up the bounce emails on my dedicated server. Does any one have any knowledge on setting up the SMTP so that if i send an email via the newsltter plugin then the server would recieve the bounced email not Gmail.

You should setup the enewsletter --> Settings --> General tab setup with the From email: the actual bounce email box you set up on your dedicated server i.e. bounce@yourdomain.com and this should be a real email box.

You should setup the enewsletter --> Settings --> Bounce Settings set up with the settings of the bounce@yourdomain.com mailbox on your dedicated server.

Does this help get you going on this topic?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @jamest10

Just checking in to see if the advice from Joe worked out.

Note, that since we haven't heard back from you, I will go ahead and resolve this topic, but please don't hesitate to reopen it if you still require additional feedback or support from our Support Team.

Just select the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

Have a great day and all the best with your project!

Gina

• aecnu

Greetings viamarket,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please create your own ticket outlining this issue your are receiving because you are currently replying to a ticket that is over four months old and has been closed.

Fortunately I was in the back end of the ticket system doing house keeping or you may have never gotten a reply and possibly think we are ignoring you which is certainly not the case.

Please feel free to copy and paste any relevant information form this ticket into your own and the support team will be happy to work it through with you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.