Setting up of pro sites plugin on WPMU

I have gotten my web host to install WPMU for me, after which I installed the pro sites plugin myself.

My website in concern is myweddingtheme.com.

I’ve tried to setup my pro sites plugin, but I’m thinking that it’s not been setup properly, as I can’t find where on my ‘main’ site myweddingtheme.com I would put the sign up form for new users as well as payment for their sign up.

I see a new page labelled ‘pro sites’ which I thought was only for websites on the network rather than on the ‘main’ site.

Any advice on setting up my ‘main’ site would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-William

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings orangutansolutions,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Once you have registration enabled this is the normal link for your sites signups http://myweddingtheme.com/wp-signup.php

However, when I visit at this time it says that registration is disabled – therefore nothing shows whatsoever.

So the very first thing to check is the status of registrations by logging into the network admin dashboard and going to –> Settings –> Settings –> Registration Settings and choosing the applicable settings from the list of available settings in which I personally use Both sites and user accounts can be registered for our private network:

Allow new registrations

Registration is disabled.

User accounts may be registered.

Logged in users may register new sites.

Both sites and user accounts can be registered.

Please change to the applicable setting and advise me if you can then reach your registration page as I have indicated above – of course showing site registration application.

Cheers, Joe

• orangutansolutions
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Brilliant Joe!

It works now :slight_smile:

Just one quick question, why does the ‘main’ site have a page labelled ‘pro sites’?

This technically allows me to ‘upgrade’ the site if I am not mistaken, is this necessary to have on my main site or shall I just disable it?

Cheers,

-William

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings William,

Personally on my two network sites I renamed it on one (Upgrades) and I removed it entirely on the other and the inside scoop on this is having it say upgrade has made no difference then removing it entirely since it appears folks are doing the upgrade from within and the one on the network home page to date has been ignored.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Erik
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

i dont recommend removing this page. it is referenced in the sub blogs admin dash panel and will cause 404’s if removed from the main blog…

i just finished trouble shooting some errors on a client site that were cause by precisely this…..

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

This is a wild guess -and I most certainly canNOT speak on behalf of Joe- but I think he meant to take it away from menus, lists, etc. Not Delete the page (never tried that myself either) altogether.

He can probably clear this up for us.

marikamitsos

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adaldesign,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Luckily I was in the back of the ticket system and seen this ticket of 8 months old get responded to in which if not paying close attention while doing house keeping you would have never gotten an answer and thought we might be ignoring you which is certainly not the case.

And believe it or not 8 months ago there were no instructions at all of any kind.

We are making progress though and adding instructions to over three hundred products has proven to be quite a monumental task.

Thank you for your feedback and for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.