setting up paid subscriptions for members

I have the plugin, "paid memberships pro" and I tried the subscribe myself and the payment went through, but I was not able to generate a username and password to login to the site, my site doesn't have a "login" button by itself, I also didn't show up in member's list in the plugin after the payment.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Bryan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked your site as you granted support access. I'm not well familiar with this plugin but there's a thing that puzzles me a little.

I noticed that your payment gateway in plugin's setting is set to "Testing only" and yet the membership directs user to PayPal payement. I did not went through the payment as it seems to be real gateway - not a sandbox PayPal account - and it didn't allow me to use my sandbox account (so I would need to try to pay nearly $350 to try it) but that doesn't seem to be right.

Having that said, could you please go to "Payment Gateway" settings of Paid Membership Pro and configure PayPal Standard or PayPal express (might be in sandbox mode, though please note: you would need to setup paypal sandbox accounts first, see https://developer.paypal.com/) so the payment gateway and the plugin could process payments and exchange communication.

Let me know if that helped, please.

Have you also tried to contact plugin developers for help? I'm asking just because I'm wondering what's their opinion on that :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Bryan!

In your initial post you asked about issues with some 3rd-party plugin and from your recent post I understand that the plugin is not that important but the goal is to get people pay to register for site.

In that case, why not use our Membership 2 Pro? That would do that and we'd be able to provide you with assistance in case of any issues.

You'll find the plugin here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Bryan!

With Membership 2 Pro you can use PayPal and Stripe (and some other gateways). It cannot handle payments via WooCommerce and Braintree is not yet integrated. However, if you configure e.g. PayPal it will handle all payments/subscriptions automatically.

First step then would be to decide for the gateway. Once you setup an account with one of these gateways, then you can configure that gateway in Membership 2 Pro. If you have any doubts about how to do this, decide on the gateway (one of those that you see as available on "Membership -> Settings -> Payment" page) and let me know and I'll give you more detailed guide on this.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there Bryan,

hope you're doing good and I'm deeply sorry for the extreme late reply here, it's been quite hectic for us lately and somehow this thread got lowered down, I'm really sorry once again!

Considering the payment gateways, you should be able to insert the appropriate API keys in Membership 2 Pro settings under Membership 2 -> Settings -> Payment.
    Some gateways also require to set an IPN URL in payment provider's end, like in PayPal or Stripe account of receiver.

Then you should be able to assign any number of these payment gateways to any membership level whilst editing it.

The plugin itself also creates a page which can be used for registration and logging in.

Then a user should be able to register (so he will set a username, email and password) and then select a membership level and proceed to checkout. The appropriate "buy buttons" will automatically take place in checkout pages.

As long as you set a Paypal sandbox account, you should also have a testing buyer account, this one should be used when you're using sandbox.
    As for Stripe, you should again get the sandbox API keys from their control panel and then you can test with some testing credit cards numbers as shown here:
    https://stripe.com/docs/testing#cards

Hope that was some help, let us know how that goes in your end!
    Take care,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.