Setting Up paypal For My website with Prosites

Hi,
I find it too technical and hard to integrate paypal with prosite. last time I tried but failed and got to reset my entire website,it created lot of mess and almost 2 days I wasted and started from first. Can Anyone Just log into my site and do it for me? I will give you required details from paypal like API user name,password,signature. Reply If anyone could assist me.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Aatithyan,

Hope you are doing well today!

Happy to help you with this. Do you have PayPal turned on via Pro Sites > Modules/Gateways? It sounds like you do :slight_smile:

Then I have attached an image illustrating the PayPal settings. Once you have input those and saved, what exactly happens? Are you adding the IPN on the PayPal side as well? It is also worth mentioning that you need to upgrade your PayPal account to a free Business account for this to work.

Let us know what the situation is here then we would be happy to further assist.

If you have done all the above and want us to take a closer look then you can provide Support access via your dashboard. WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

By any chance are you using the PayPal account for more than one plugin? Be sure to copy and paste any errors you receive as well.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member Aatithyan!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Aatithyan,

Yes, so after you paste in the api username, password, signature into Pro-Sites you will now want to setup the IPN. The link is given inside Pro-Sites(screenshot attached).

Then with the IPN link you will go to PayPal and enable your IPN then paste in the link.

Here is a tutorial on turning on the IPN: https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNSetup/#id089EG030E5Z

the hardest part is finding the menu in PayPal :p

Once you have the IPN set up then you should be all set to go!

Let me know if you need any of there clarified. I'm happy to help :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Aatithyan

Ok I got it, should I add contents there or it fills up automatically ? Also in subscription page i.e the page where users select the plan and pay using paypal, I want to add contents to that page only "below" the paypal link button. Normally Now when I try adding contents it appears at the top (I mean it displays the contents of the page first and then shows up pro levels and paypal button)

So how do I add contents below paypal button using "Pro site Page" Not the field provided in Pro site settings. Because I need to utilize my themes looks and features. Help me to do so..please.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Aatithyan,

Hope you are well today! Glad we've made some progress here :slight_smile: Good stuff.

Yes, you will want to add your own content into those pages.

There currently isn't a way by default to add content below the PayPal button(this is being worked on for Pro Sites 3.5); however, perhaps we can find a workaround for you. What exactly did you plan on putting underneath the button?

Would you also be able to grant us admin access to the backend of your site? Then we can take a closer look at your theme as well. This will help :slight_smile: you can grant access via your dashboard WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Thank you for your patience!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.