Setting Up Photo Albums & Comments

Hi! I bough this plugin so as to be able to delete my 3 other FB plugins, so far i haven't been able to do that. When the other Facebook Comments app is unactivated, there are still no options for Facebook comments when using the app no matter how much i tinker with the settings. Could i have some help here?

But the main reason i wanted this plugin is so that i could upload pictures to an album on my Facebook band page an then have that album and pictures show up on my wordpress site automatically and people can go through them on my site and comment.

The pictures short code has yet to work on a page. What shortcode would i need to write so that on one page there are a selection of my Band Page albums with one Cover Photo and the name of the album for each, and then when clicked on go to another page where they are all thumbnails and when clicked on can be thumbed through?

Thank you for your time!

• Arun Basil Lal

Hey there,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope you have connected the plugin with the Facebook app you created already.

The comments may not integrate out of the box on some themes, you might have to add a bit of code into your theme template. Here is how you do it.

in the Facebook comments area, you see an option "Use a custom hook (advanced)", enter something like "my_action_name" in there.

Now in the theme templates, most probably comments.php if you have it, or under single.php, insert :

<?php do_action(&quot;my_action_name&quot;);?>

This should be placed so as to replace the call to WordPress comment template, the exact location can very from theme to theme.

You can find the shortcodes for your albums on this page wp-admin/admin.php?page=wdfb_shortcodes in your wp-admin. They may not be exactly how you described, but see if you like those. Here is an example shortcode:

[wdfb_album id=&quot;379473193359&quot; photo_class=&quot;thickbox&quot; columns=&quot;5&quot;]

Where the number is the album id.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.