Setting up Pro Sites and Domain Map - setup all at time of purchase

I have setup in a VVV environment on my local computer Wordpress multisite and installed
WPMU DEV Dashboard
Pro Sites
Domain Mapping
Multi-Domains for Multisite

I also have setup my environment to allow me to test local.domain1.com, local.domain2.com, etc so it will work for the domain mapping.

When I go to the web page to setup a site after picking a level, I fill out the username, email address, your site and title it will not let me enter the web address "local.domain1.com" can only contain lowercase numbers and letters.

I am wanting to make it where when the person sets up their account, that they can enter everything from the screen here. Am I missing something on the setup or do we 1st have to get them to do a domain1.localhost.com then have them login, then have them go through and setup the domain map?

I was trying to automate this whole process but missing if I can do this part upfront.

Let me know if this does not make sense. I have spent the last day or so just reading docs and other peoples questions. But have not seen this come up or just missed it.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello James,

When I go to the web page to setup a site after picking a level, I fill out the username, email address, your site and title it will not let me enter the web address "local.domain1.com" can only contain lowercase numbers and letters.

Yes, this is correct. Because on subdomain installation the "Your site" field is for subdomain name. So if you want to have this url local.domain1.com on domain1.com you insert only local in this field. And then subsite is automatically created.

Am I missing something on the setup or do we 1st have to get them to do a domain1.localhost.com then have them login, then have them go through and setup the domain map?

Every other action like mapping domain is done through the admin dashboard - not from the registration form. So, yes - users have to register, pay and get access to their admin dashboard and then they will be able to add domain to mapping.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.