Setting up ProSites to register a site selection choice -

Setting up ProSites to register a site selection choice - how?
Hello.
I seem to have come to a bit of a wall in setting up this ProSites and not sure where to turn now.
Apart from a bit more content and some design adjustments I am about 90% the way there but I have some unsure doubts what to do now.
When a fresh visitor come to the site and decides to go for it either for a free site or a premium site where are they meant to go to register. I might be missing this but I can't see any register links to add and where they should be selecting a free or pay site.

I've seen a link that appears to be for site upgrades here http://hosting.photography/premium-site/ but that gives a login page to the visitor.

When you do see it the css appears to be all over the place as per screen shot. as per screen shots. might be a theme clash issue.

Think I am getting something wrong here. Is there a register page that has a plan selection option with it?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello David H,

I hope you have a nice day and thanks for your question!

I checked your site and the Pro Sites plugin seems to be set up well. The /premium-site/ page asks user to login because the registration for you Multisite is entirely disabled. To fix it you will want to go to you

"Network Admin -> Network Settings" page

and select "Both sites and user accounts can be registered" for "Allow new registrations" option.

With this option on, all visitors to /premium-site/ page should now see the pricing table along with buttons to select plan and sign up for the page (both premium and free levels).

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• David H

Thank you for that. I should have realised that, sorry.

Any idea on the CSS misalignment issue displayed?

I have three plans enabled FREE BASIc and PREMIUM.
    Bit also can Prosites be used to sell one off add ons? I see that it can sell extra webspace somehow from something Ive read but can it also give options to sell one off upgrades on plans - specifically pro paid for versions of themes I am thinking of. So in premium it give themes that offer the free version on a monthly subscription but for a one off fee the user can get the PRO version of that theme (which Id have to pay for an unlimited licence for)

I didn't want to have to add an entire new column of plan details to do that.

Regards
    D

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello David H!

Any idea on the CSS misalignment issue displayed?

I just visited your site and it seems that registration is still not "open" so as the support access to the site has already expired I wasn't able to see and examine the page. If you could please re-grant a support access for me, I'll be happy to take another look and help you with that.

Bit also can Prosites be used to sell one off add ons? I see that it can sell extra webspace somehow from something Ive read but can it also give options to sell one off upgrades on plans - specifically pro paid for versions of themes I am thinking of. So in premium it give themes that offer the free version on a monthly subscription but for a one off fee the user can get the PRO version of that theme (which Id have to pay for an unlimited licence for)

Pro Sites doesn't support "single/one off" sales. I think that the option here would be to e.g. setup a simple shop with MarketPress and add those "one off products" there as downloadable products (downloadable doesn't necessarily mean that you need to provide buyers with downloads, you do not however have to ship physical goods to them).

The initial downside is that these products would be publicly available but this can be also solved with our Membership 2 Pro plugin. Using it you could either restrict access to products to logged in users (that'd be a simple one-time setup) or create a membership and add all admins to it and then protect products with that Membership.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.