setting up Protected Content plugin

Cory here. Just switch plugins from Membership to Protected Content based on your recommendations.

Now, I'm a bit confused. I don't really have any content I want to protect since the site I'm building is a service that sends out a package and charges a monthly fee to use this service. All I'm trying to do is set up three subscription levels. Basic, Enhanced and Premium.

I didn't select any protected content but went ahead and set up three of the simple memberships under membership type, which was no problem. I set up the payment gateway under the Settings tab using PayPal. Again, no problem.

What do I do from here? I see some Membership Shortcodes under Memberships that I set up. What do I do with them?

Also, what about member login? How do they access their acount? Do I use the account URL under Settings/Membership Site Pages?

I know, a lot of questions. Any help on this would be great. It's my first time setting up a membership/subscription based website.

Thanks.

- Cory

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Cory!

What do I do from here? I see some Membership Shortcodes under Memberships that I set up. What do I do with them?

The shortcodes can be used to wrap specific content in your posts and pages that you only want certain levels to see. So, for example, if you wanted to show a member of one of your tiers the details of their membership, you could wrap a description of those details in a shortcode.

Shortcodes are like fancy HTML tags, you'd use one like so:

[shortcode] Content [/shortcode]

Also, what about member login? How do they access their acount? Do I use the account URL under Settings/Membership Site Pages?

Members will be able to login from the standard wp-login page, usually yoursite.com/login.

The account page is built for you, like you noticed, you can find where you assign these pages (and links to edit and view them) on the Membership Pages tab in Protected Content. Once your levels are up and running, and the membership is active, that link will appear in the navigation menu for your members.

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.