Setting up Protected Content plugin

Hi, I'm moving from Membership plugin to Protected Content plugin, and I'm not sure how to create what I need.

I would like to have a simple User Registration page (to create the user's Wordpress Account), which then takes the user immediately to the unlocked "Welcome" Module.

There are 6 modules in my course (7 including "Welcome), and the way I have it setup, I'm manually moving users to the next Module after they submit a request through Infusionsoft (they fill out an "end-of-module X" survey, and I'm prompted to manually move them).

Ideally, I'd like a way to make this happen automagically, perhaps with an API or something, so that Infusionsoft (or just within Wordpress alone) can move them to the next module on its own.

Is there currently a way to do this?

Also, I'm unsure which type of course to select. I'm thinking Tier-based might work best for me. My only issue is how to configure the Registration page (without showing all tier options to select from -- just want to sell the "course"), so it takes them immediately to the Welcome page when they join (and assigns them that membership status). I will probably have to manually move them to Module 1 the next day unless there is a way to automate this too.

Thanks!
Bryan

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Bryan!

I'm not familiar with Infusionsoft, is that the plugin you're using to create courses? (Just to be sure you're not using our CoursePress, which is already configured to move students to the next module after they successfully complete the previous module.)

I think the Protected Content membership type you want is the basic/simple module, since you're only hiding courses from your members.You can easily protect any pages or menu items related to your courses via the Protected Content>Protected Content menu in your WP admin dashboard.

Once that's protected, you can go into the settings for your membership level and make sure they can see the protected pages/items.

As for redirect after login, we have a plugin that might help here, too: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/login-redirect/, I see you're on single membership, there are a handful of great, free plugins on the WP repository (the plugins you can access via your WP dash by going to Add New) that do similar things.

Hope this is helpful, Bryan!

• Bryan

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Infusionsoft is an email marketing / sales automation tool. I actually handle "registration" through another website, and collect all their details there so they feed into my Infusionsoft database.

How can I hide menu options based on Tier level? The Basic option is too cumbersome, as I understand it. I don't want to have to manually check 10 items per user every time they are ready to move to the next Module. With the Tiers option, at least I can turn a group of pages for the new module off or on for them.

I do have a re-direct plugin that works fine. The problem is, it's telling me there's a "loop" when I register a test account. I prefer to collect money on my other site, but I'm open to it here, if I can configure the Registration page to not have all the "tier" options to purchase.

And, CoursePress sounds like it may actually be a better fit for me. I chose ProtectedContent based on one of your staff's suggestions, saying it's better than Membership. But, I'm not experiencing that :slight_smile: Do you offer any 30-day guarantees, etc. as I think CoursePress may meet my needs better, and I do not wish to pay for a higher membership through WPMU dev.

Thanks!
    Bryan

• Michelle Shull

Hey there, Bryan!

Your setup seems fairly complex, it might help if we could have a look under the hood? If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.