Setting up recurring payments in MarketPress – Possible?

Hi guys :slight_smile:

I ahve aclient who has a marketpress install already – and now he needs to be able to set up recurring payments – preferably in the shop. Nothing else is needed, just the posibility of setting up recurring payments (so client is charged automatically – or receives a reminder to pay again if he wishes to continue). How do I do that – If possible?

If not possible, can the existing install be tweaked in any way to achieve this? I really do not want to install another plugin just for that, I’d much rather that it could all go throuhg the existing shopping cart…

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Claire Wielandt,

Thank you for the great questions as always.

Market Press does not support recurring payments and it is true with custom coding it certainly can be done – as anything can be when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get the job done – and I am not a coder.

However, the only other way I know to achieve this is by using the External Link: When set this overrides the purchase button with a link to this URL. kinking to a pre-made PayPal subscription button on PayPals side.

It is my opinion that subscription based products cannot be combined in the cart in any event with none subscription items and I do not think PayPal will allow even purely multiple subscriptions in a cart environment to be processed at one time.

They must always be processed one at a time.

However with that said, if at all possible, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available – but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.