Setting Up Separate Registration Paths with Facebook Connect

Team WPMU,

Here's what I've got going on:

My network has two registration paths -- one for Readers (just participate in buddypress network, no special privileges) and Authors (can participate in BP network but also have their own website, as well as a higher site level - Contributor vs Subscriber).

Currently, I have two registration forms via Gravity Forms. One for Readers who just create a username and password, the other for Authors who create a username, PW and a website -- and then go on to decide which website to pay for.

I would like to use FB Connect to speed up the registration process and I'm looking for the right workflow to do so.

I don't want to use "single Click Registration" because I have no idea how that will work -- how can I divide them into their roles if they register immediately with a single click.

What options are there with FB Connect? Can it just pre-fill fields and then the user has to confirm them? Because that would work great. Or do I have to completely rework the registration flow (not great)?

The idea here is to make joining the network easier (reduce friction) but to also sync the network's activities to FB so there is more connection and marketing cross talk.

Thoughts?

Rob

• Sajid

Hi jetmac,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Facebook auto connect single click registration will create a new user with the default role selected in general settings (by default its subscriber). That means its will not detect on what type of registration form visitor is on and it have to set that user role.

Right, now we don't have such feature in Ultimate Facebook plugin to fill in the profile when user will click on register with Facebook button. Sorry! Only option we have at the moment is one click registration that will simply create the user on the fly by assigning the default user role regardless on what form visitor is on and will send two email notifications. One to administrator and other to the user containing the login details.

Unfortunately, for this purpose you need to make your own registration page to connect the user and auto fill the fields with Facebook. Sorry!

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.