Setting up the top and bottom portions of my site

Hello,

Top Portion:
I am currently using the header region as a slider, which also contains a mostly transparent menu on the highest portion of the region. The region itself is full width, and full screen which isn't a capability of your stock element slider, so that is why I have chosen to use the region itself as a slider. My issue is I want content to be different on each slide, I am guessing I would have to use a text only slider (of sorts, because your element slider has to include images) in the region I want the text to be, make it full screen, and slide in from the left like the slider itself does, to try and fool the eye making it seem like the slider has text that actually belongs there. Am I on the right track, or is there an easier process for what I am trying to achieve? (see screenshots of slider and transition)

Bottom Portion:
The footer is having some sort of difficulty, I have the footer at about 65px height in the editing menu, but when I view it live, the actual size extends by 30px at the bottom for some reason, increasing total height to 95px. (see screenshots of editing menu, and safari view)

Thanks,
Jeff Gipson

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Jeff,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

My issue is I want content to be different on each slide, I am guessing I would have to use a text only slider (of sorts, because your element slider has to include images) in the region I want the text to be, make it full screen, and slide in from the left like the slider itself does, to try and fool the eye making it seem like the slider has text that actually belongs there. Am I on the right track, or is there an easier process for what I am trying to achieve?

Do you want to just add the text on the slides of slider? Or also want to remove the images from the slider and just display text with slider effect on static background?

Could you please just tell me a bit clear what you are trying to achieve so that i can help you to achieve it?

Bottom Portion:
    The footer is having some sort of difficulty, I have the footer at about 65px height in the editing menu, but when I view it live, the actual size extends by 30px at the bottom for some reason, increasing total height to 95px. (see screenshots of editing menu, and safari view)

It seems the issue with some CSS conflict.

You can resolve the issue by adding the following CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme or add it in your site using the following plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

body.upfront #uwidget-object-1435863308791-1354 {
      min-height: 0;
    }

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jeff

Thanks @Vinod Dalvi ,
    Currently, there are 3 slides on my header area, and I want different text to appear on each slide. Currently the slider region doesn't allow for text to be implemented, and the slider element doesnt allow full width, so I am in a pickle...

I tried adding the code given to styles.css and my actual layout-styles.css and neither worked. The plugin did work however, so thank you in that regard!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.