Setting up Vagrant and VM

Hi team!

I'm stuck on this tutorial while taking the WordPress Developer for Beginners course (not a good sign, I know!)

So I seem to have setup Vagrant and VM successfully. I can open Terminal and navigate to a directory on my HDD called 'websites/phptutorial' just like suggested in the tut, and I have used Terminal to create directorys and files as discussed (index.html & index.php) that all works, except for after firing up the VM.... I try to visit this URL in a browser as explained and get nothing.

I don't think I've installed PHP and MySQL to run WordPress on the VM.. but that's where I get lost in the tut... having no experience with this sort of thing I am getting very lost and confused.

I know Vagrant and VM is up and running cause I can do all of those commands in Terminal and see the virtual files - but where are they is one question, and how do I install WP there is the other?

There is a section in the tut about Configuring Websites, and none of the commands work on my terminal.... this command "cd /etc/apache2/sites-available" returns 'No such file or directory'

I tried going through the next steps and I just don't know where I am going wrong.

Some help would be most appreciated.