Setting up various themes in one site?

Hi there! I am setting up a big fat network, with lots of goodies, and I want to include a marketplace!

My questions:

1) Can I have a theme running the main part of the site, and a different theme (gridmarket) only attached to the marketplace?
2) If not, should I put the marketplace on its own site i.e: bigreptilenetwork.com/market
3) If I do that, will I be able to get the market (product) search results on the main site (bigreptilenetwork.com)
4) If I set it up that way, can I still have various users on the site set up their own stores, and then have their products searchable through the main site & the market site.
5) I will only want to give users that pay a yearly subscription the access to their own store. Is this managed through the membership plugin, or the prosites plugin?

Thanks!

• Atlanta

Welcome to Wpmu!

1) Can I have a theme running the main part of the site, and a different theme (gridmarket) only attached to the marketplace?
    Yes, each subsite can have a different theme.
    2) If not, should I put the marketplace on its own site i.e: bigreptilenetwork.com/market
    There are several ways that you can do it. Each site can have its own marketplace. Keyword search globals on and off so you get a feel for what the difference is with wpmu.
    3) If I do that, will I be able to get the market (product) search results on the main site (bigreptilenetwork.com)
    Yes, there are global shortcodes that you can use if you network activate marketpress.
    4) If I set it up that way, can I still have various users on the site set up their own stores, and then have their products searchable through the main site & the market site.
    Yes, global marketpress shortcodes do this, and Framemarket has a global store selector that makes this easy for you.
    5) I will only want to give users that pay a yearly subscription the access to their own store. Is this managed through the membership plugin, or the prosites plugin? I would recommend Pros sites, it is much easier if you just want to offer plugins. When you want to start protecting content and doing really funky stuff then Membership is a machine.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.