Setting up WHMCS MU Provisioning

Hello
Do I need a paid membership with whmcs.com to set up the WHMCS MU Provisioning plugin appropriately?
Thanks!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Andrew,

Hope you had a good weekend!

So, I do need to purchase a monthly plan with whmcs.com to go along with the plugin?

That's correct, it doesn't have to be the monthly plan, they also have a one-time payment plan but bottom line is that you need a valid WHMCS license.

Also, does this plugin offer the only way to have users of my site purchase their own subdomains?
    Can ProSites or another plugin sell subdomains well?

Yes you can do this with just Pro Sites :slight_smile:

If you have a WordPress Multisite subdomain based install then every new subsite created will be on a subdomain and you can use Pro Sites to have them select a paid level in order to create their subsite.

You can also use Domain Mapping if you want to allow them to eventually purchase a top level domain and map that to their subdomain.

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• andrew

Okay. Thanks so much for your response.
    I am looking to purchase a multi user option from the booking calendar plugin which is just shy of $1000. I like this plugin since it seems to be all inclusive for multi user where users of my site can log in create a profile and sell from my website. It seems to be the most user friendly option for what I need.
    Alternatively, I know I can set up my multisite to offer selected plugins for a set price with ProSites. Just want to know if there are options to do this with ProSites with multisite that would be as easy and efficient as using the booking calendar plugin with the link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/booking/
    Hope this makes sense and let me know if you have questions.
    Thanks so much!
    Andrew

• Tyler Postle

Hey Andrew,

Happy Holidays, hope you had a good Christmas! (if you celebrate it).

I'm not sure I totally understand what you are after here.

I am looking to purchase a multi user option from the booking calendar plugin which is just shy of $1000.

Not sure what you mean when you say you are looking to purchase a multi user option from the booking calendar plugin? Do you mean to replace Pro Sites functionality? and could you give me a link to the specific option you're referring to so I can see more info on it :slight_smile:

I see the booking calendar plugin you linked too, so are you wanting to allow your users to book a site? I'm sure I'm misunderstanding something here, if you could provide a bit more info that would be awesome!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• andrew

Okay. So, the booking calendar plugin has all the functionality to allow users to create a profile and sell and take payment for their services from their own account.
    I am not saying this booking calendar plugin would replace Pro Sites completely. I know that with ProSites I can create membership levels that include certain plugins based upon levels.
    I am just wondering the efficiency comparison by spending $1000 on specific functionality from one plugin compared to doing something similar by offering certain plugins through ProSites and having users learn more of wordpress to create their own subdomains from my main site.
    Hope this makes sense.
    Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.