Setting Up WHMCS with Subdomains

Hi guys, I appear to be missing something while trying to setup WHMCS 5.1.2 to use subdomains. Let me run down what I have already done and provide you some screenshots. I had no issues setting up servers under WHMCS, most of my questions are setting up the products.

Starting on the Details page:
http://blakicemediagroup.com/screensnaps/package.png
In order for someone to have the option to register a domain or use a subdomain I must check Show Domain Registration Option. If not, once they click order they jump directly to review/checkout and they are never given the option for Site title or the ability to pick their subdomain name. But when that domain registration option is selected the subdomain is not shown, it treats it like a top level domain registration even when subdomain is selected. It does not allow me to progress past this page.
http://blakicemediagroup.com/screensnaps/signup.png

My module settings include the subdomain and I have left unchecked Use Domain Field because I would like to use the domain mapping plugin per the install instructions.
http://blakicemediagroup.com/screensnaps/ModuleSettings.png

The Default Blog Domain setting confused me a little, the first time I started with a .domainname.com and that didn't help. Neither did removing the period. And under Other settings I added the subdomain with no luck. http://blakicemediagroup.com/screensnaps/Othersettings.png

Am I missing something? I would like to keep all my hosting info and support in my main WHMCS install if possible but perhaps I need two installs, or just use ProSites. Thanks for your assistance.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings BlakiceMG,

Thank you for this great question!

Am I missing something?

I am not really sure if you are missing something due to I cannot figure out exactly what you are trying to do.

However, I can clarify about the The Default Blog Domain setting which is in fact the domain that will be used when a user does not give a domain and a number is appended to it to keep it unique (unless using custom fields as described in usage instructions).

Using Pro Sites is definitely an option.

This is the main reason why I am trying to find out the end game so I can possibly offer advice as to what the best solution may indeed be.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• BlakiceMG
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Joe,
    I'm looking to have signups run through WHMCS with subdomains. On the plugin page it shows registering with the end user selecting whatevername.cowpat.net. I am trying to get to that point. Right now it just shows domain registration but it mentions the subdomain. And it's not letting me get past that screen. It displays The domain you entered is not valid. Enter only the part after the www. and include the TLD.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings BlakiceMG,

Sorry for the delay here on this ticket, I have been on vacation and just returned yesterday.

I see that you are a couple of versions behind on this plugin and that the change logs indicate some very interesting items that may very well help us to reach our goal with your installation.

Please update and please give me an update on the challenge we are now facing if any after the update.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings BlakiceMG,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.