Setting up WPMU DEV on my Second Site with Error Codes

I am trying to set up WPMU DEV on my second site. It is running beautifully on janinehuldie.com. But now uploaded the plugin to j9designs.net and activated it. But trying to login on this site and getting error codes.

Here is the error code, I get:

Your server had a problem connecting to WPMU DEV: "cURL error 6: name lookup timed out". Please try again.

If this problem continues, please contact your host with this error message and ask:

"Is php on my server properly configured to be able to contact https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v1/ with a POST HTTP request via fsockopen or CURL?"

I am hosted on Site Ground and have contacted them, but they can't seem to help me.

Please assist me with this.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Janine,

Usually that error indicates one of two options, the one mentioned in the error message about php configuration(common) OR that our server has blocked your websites IP address(uncommon). I checked your IP on our system and it's not blocked so it's really looking like the issue is with the servers PHP configuration.

What did SiteGround say back to you? That might help us narrow down the problem :slight_smile:

Sending us your cPanel access and wp-admin may help speed up the process here too as then we can see the issue first hand and check your server information:

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -cPanel credentials (login url/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.