Setting up

A couple questions…

I keep seeing that this plugin relies on the Post Indexer, but does this plugin display the most recent posts for a specific site, or a whole multisite?

I read that there’s a shortcode for the plugin, but can’t find instructions on use…

What I’m trying to do is display recent multisite network posts in two ways:

– As a page on the main site of my multisite

– As a mandatory widget on all subsites (planning on using a pull out widget)

Your help is appreciated!

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @msk5400

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team! Thank you for being part of our Community – it is great to have you.

The Recent Posts Plugin does require the Post Indexer Plugin to work and it pulls all the most recent posts from across your network of sites.

As far a shortcode is concerned, please allow me to get back to you on this one. I have to verify this with the Developer. I will revert back to you ASAP.

I will also give you some instructions and advice on the setup that you would like to achieve. Talk soon :slight_smile:

Have a good day!

GinaB

Hope my response is helpful. Appreciate a thumbs up if it is. If it’s not, please let me know how I can serve you better.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @msk5400

Actually the two are basically the same – the only difference really is that the ‘Recent Posts’ posts can be placed on the main page and the ‘Recent Global Posts Widget’ is exactly what it says, just a widget. However, in my humble opinion you might actually be better off using the ‘Recent Global Posts Widget’ since you can get it to display on all blogs as well.

Recent Posts Widget

And there is a really cool little plugin that I frequently use to pull my widgets to pages as well. Have a look at this:

Widgets on Pages

This could be a solution for pulling the ‘Recent Posts Widget’ to your pages, whichever you select.

Well, all the best. I will revert back once I have an answer on the shortcode. :slight_smile:

GinaB

Hope my response is helpful. Appreciate a thumbs up if it is. If it’s not, please let me know how I can serve you better.

• msk5400
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

That is helpful. However, I can’t figure out how to get the “Recent Global Posts Widget” to display on all blogs. Are you saying that I would need to manually add the widget in each blog? I have a sidebar-network.php file for each theme available on the network. Is it possible to add the plugin to that file so that it shows up in the standard, non-configurable sidebar area?

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings msk5400,

Just checking in to see if perhaps you have tried adding the shortcode to the sidebar-network.php file?

I have not tried doing it myself but it sounds like a logical approach to a possible solution for this.

Please advise.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings msk5400,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.