Settings and Payment Confusion

Hello:

I am excited to get the plugin functioning. But a few roadblocks/questions. Here is the scenario. There is only one page that we will require payment to view content. This page can be seen here: http://forexprestige.com/members/. I have set up using the Paypal API required info in the dashboard.

There are two different payment options we want to offer:

1.) pay one time to view content one time ($5.00)

2.) pay a different amount to view content for 30 days (re-occurring) ($97.00 for 30 day access)

Attached are my settings…

1.) When I log out and click on access one time for $5.00 and go to Paypal to test… there is not a $5.00 charge.

2.) The re-occurring payment option states the visitor needs to register – when and how does this happen? Right now they are directed to Paypal and aren't registered? This is confusing…

Another question so I understand:

What is the difference between the PPV settings on the right hand side of the editor and the settings on the icon above the editor?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya randit,

Apologies for the delay here. Can you please change the setting for “Public content selection method” to “Use Selection Tool”

What it is doing is setting a global rule to only use excerpts, which you have set to 0 so it’s not showing any content.

You have also selected the ‘Visitor’ payment option. As it says “Visitors pay per content they want to reveal. Price can be set globally from the above “unit price” field, or per post basis using the post editor. Does not require registration of the visitor.”

So visitors can see the content on payment. No need to register. Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further here.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi randit,

1. Thank you for pointing out the issue when all posts are globally disabled and some posts are individually enabled. This issue is being fixed in the next version (V1.1.0) which will be available very very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. When you are using Recurring subscriptions and/or Daily Pass, you need to enable API login. In the next version there will be an admin warning if it is not selected so.

3. You should not set “user level where authorization starts” to Subscribers in your case. If you do so, after visitor registers to the website they will be able to the see the full content without the need to subscribe (pay) via Paypal. This feature is intended for websites that use only One Time View option. In the next version, there will also be an admin warning about this.

Please wait for the update notification and make an automatic update.

Cheers,

Hakan

• randit
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you for the help and feedback. The problem of all pages being blocked is solved.

The “one time view for $5.00 on the members page. http://forexprestige.com/members/. The $5.00 one time payment is not transferring over to Paypal. There is not a $5.00 charge (see attached).

I am unclear how to select the visible content using the selection tool. What icon in the editor is the selection icon? Once I know this do I use this to highlight the content to appear and hit update page?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi randit,

That’s how this method (Paypal Express Checkout) works. At first visit to Paypal user is asked to login, but the amount is not shown. Please note “you’ll be able to see your order details before you pay” message on left hand side. Then user is returned back to the page and he/she is asked to confirm the exact order amount ($5 in your case).

Cheers

Hakan

• randit

Hello: To validate I clicked and completed the paypal transaction. The next screen asked me to complete and never did show the price of $5.00. After I hit complete I was redirected back to the page I wanted to view (which is good!) but the $5.00 charge never occurred. I went into my Paypal account and there was not a $5.00 payment.In addition in the PPV dashboard there was not a recorded transaction.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi randit,

Can you please check your Instant Payment Notifications Preferences of your Paypal account? It should be default (off).

If IPN is already off, do you mind to send to my email (hakan at incsub.com) your FTP and WP admin credentials?

Cheers

Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi randit,

Can you please upgrade to PPV V1.1.0? I also had a look at your settings and I saw that these settings that I have mentioned in my message above are not correct:

2. When you are using Recurring subscriptions and/or Daily Pass, you need to enable API login. In the next version there will be an admin warning if it is not selected so.

3. You should not set “user level where authorization starts” to Subscribers in your case. If you do so, after visitor registers to the website they will be able to the see the full content without the need to subscribe (pay) via Paypal. This feature is intended for websites that use only One Time View option. In the next version, there will also be an admin warning about this.

Cheers,

Hakan

• randit

Hello:

I am using version 1.1.0?

When you say I need to enable API login does this mean the facebook and twitter login API? This website owner does not have a facebook or twitter account to get APIs so we don’t want to enable these.I have the Paypal API info entered.

I got the $5.00 one time charge to work by checking the API login required (without completing the facebook or twitter api fields).

However…. the content that is on the page that needs to be paid for is showing. It is the content below the pay buttons.

Now what? This is sure confusing.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi randit,

The “protected” message for http://wpwbb.com/ is not about PPV. Are you using Membership plugin there?

Regarding http://forexprestige.com, I see that you upgraded to V1.1.0 and your settings are correct now. So it should be working at the moment. But, it is advisable to get and fill Facebook and Twitter API’s, because when visitor tries to login using FB or Twitter, he/she will not succeed. He/she can login with WordPress credentials though.

Cheers

Hakan

• randit

Hello: Yes I did have the membership activated.. thanks for pointing that out. I did not have it set up so when it magically appeared I was confused.

OK… on to the PPV plugin problem. Although I do not have APIs in the facebook or twitter fields, when you click on the buy button it does not reference facebook or twitter, so that is OK. But how do I solve the immediate problem that the settings are correct, but the paid content still appears on the page?

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi randit,

But how do I solve the immediate problem that the settings are correct, but the paid content still appears on the page?

Your paid content does not appear on this page that you enabled PPV: http://forexprestige.com/members/

On the other posts and pages that you disabled PPV, content naturally appears. As I see, this is already what you wanted:

There is only one page that we will require payment to view content.

The plugin works as it is supposed to work based on these settings. So I don’t understand the problem now. Can you elaborate? Do you see the above page unprotected?

Cheers

Hakan

• randit

So to try it without the API checked for facebook and twitter… I completed a PayPal transaction (one time view) and it worked! :slight_smile: Whoooo Hooooo. BUT, Paypal sent me back to the page (which is good) but the content did not appear. The page showed the buttons to pay again only.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi randit,

Disabling API check will not work. That is why there is a warning on the admin side if you select an option which requires subscription and API is disabled.

Why doesn’t your client simply get Facebook and Twitter accounts?

Cheers

Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.